Billing and Collections Specialist
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: November 19, 2021
General Purpose:Responsible for all aspects of patient/client
billing and collections for designated branches, including but not
limited to preforming the billing function, ensuring timely
payment, collection, and follow up. Ensures services rendered are
paid for within ninety (90) days. Recommends, provides input, and
may develop policies, processes, and resources to evaluate and
improve the billing and accounts receivable collection
effectiveness and efficiency for the branches. Essential
- Accountable for the branches accounts receivable, inclusive of
billing and collections.
- Interacts and follows up with branches to ensure timeliness of
authorizations and payments.
- Initiates follow up on authorizations for all branches for
patients continued services.
- Initiates welcome calls for private pay clients to explain
billing process and review payment options.
- Utilizes InterLink system to bill patients and clients and
monitor status of billed and unbilled accounts.
- Interacts with fellow Billing & Collection Specialists to
ensure all e-bills for branches are accurate and processed in a
- Ensures proper controls are adhered to for accuracy and
timeliness of billing.
- Reviews unbilled account report, re-bills on hold and cash
application weekly, and preforms follow up with each branch to meet
- Preforms collections functions pro-actively to ensure timely
- Provides input on process improvements.
- Meets weekly with Billing Manager to provide detailed status
report on progress of billing and collections/unbilled report as
well as overdue balances and discuss plans of action.
- Develops, implements, and processes resources in collaboration
with VP of Operations where applicable to improve or maintain
billing and collections in adherence with company standard
- Interacts with a variety of personal health information
(---PHI---) necessary to fulfill the above duties and
responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is
further defined by each organization/department. Minimum Education
& Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Knowledge, Skills &
- Detail oriented with strong organization, analytical and
- Proficient with software and systems,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Working
Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
- Sits most of the time; infrequent or occasional walking or
- Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as
- Ability to sit in front of CPU for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel as needed for same-day travel for meetings
- Physical activity is sedentary and may require occasional
lifting or carrying up to 10 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Charlottesville , Billing and Collections Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!