Special Education Teacher
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position at Catapult Learning
Do you believe that all children and students have the opportunity
for an extraordinary educational experience, regardless of any
disabilities? If so, then come join our team at Catapult
Catapult Learning is looking for a certified special education
teacher to positively impact a child's education in
Charlottesville, VA. The Special Education teacher will work with
small groups of K-8 students in a Charlottesville non-public
school. The teacher will be responsible for providing educational
programs and establish a class environment that fosters learning
and personal growth. This role is part time during the 2022-2023
Catapult Learning provides all classroom and instructional
materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training.
Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to,
- Teaching a small group of students and individuals inside the
classroom or in a separate space.
- Identifies individual needs of each child creating a healthy
and inspiring supportive learning environment.
- Works with physically disabled, sensory impaired students, some
may have speech disabilities or be on the autism spectrum.
- Attends training sessions and delivers designated instructional
models/strategies in reading, mathematics, and/or writing skills to
eligible students through utilization of Company-designed materials
and educational strategies.
- Prepares and executes individualized skill-appropriate lesson
plans and resources.
- Always ensures supervision of students, including escorting
students safely to and from classroom
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required
by Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with
Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as
required by the Company, local, state, and/or federal
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Active Virginia Teaching Certification in required. Special
Education certification preferred.
- Catapult Learning employees are subject to state and local
licensure and pre-employment screening. Background check and
fingerprints are required.
- Proficient in MS Office, OneDrive, Zoom, etc.
- Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate
positive and enthusiastic attitude toward internal and external
Catapult Learning Benefits:
- Paid training
- Health, vision, dental benefits plans and more for full-time
- Paid personal days and sick days
- 401k program with company match
Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, provides evidence-based
intervention, specialized services and professional learning
solutions for public and non-public K-12 schools. We dedicate our
careers to improving outcomes for students who have not found
success in the traditional classroom. Our team of over 4,000
educators are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the
educational, behavioral and social/emotional welfare of every child
with whom we engage.
Keywords: FullBloom, Charlottesville , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!