DevOps Engineer II
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is
part of Abbott---s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing
together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading
technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important
information for treatment and management of diseases and other
conditions. The position of DevOps Engineer II is within our Abbott
Rapid Diagnostics Informatics business unit located at
Charlottesville, VA.-- This role will participate in the overall
design and implementation of IT and software solutions, as part of
a diverse DevOps team; the individual must leverage strong IT
knowledge, as well as software development skills.-- This
individual will contribute to the continual improvement of
development and operational processes though automation and is
expected to be efficient at researching and learning emerging
technology and systems.---- The job requires excellent
communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively to
achieve team goals. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of continuous integration and continuous deployment
pipelines as part of the application lifecycle management.
- Design and implement the provisioning, deployment, and
automated configuration of cloud resources for high availability
- Ongoing management, administration, and support of deployed
- Collaborate in the development of test strategies and automated
- Participate in the development of IT solutions, such as virtual
server configurations, to support the deployment of software
- Participate in the development of solutions for the
installation and deployment of software products.
- Participate in the qualification and evaluation of suppliers,
and the creation of material documentation.
- Create technical documentation, such as design documents,
customer specifications, test plans, training material, and
- Perform analysis and investigation of product issues.
- Provide afterhours support as necessary.
- Occasional travel BASIC QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION:
- Bachelor---s degrees in Computer Science, Information
Technology (IT), or related field, and at least 3 years of related
experience. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in the administration of IT infrastructure
- Exposure to the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Programming skills with at least one language.
- Ability to analyze information and communicate with clarity and
- Ability to create technical documentation for internal and
- Experience with management and administration of a data
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools, such as
TFS, Jenkins, GitLab.
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as System
Center, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or similar.
- Exposure to Agile Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience developing Infrastructure-as-code
- Exposure to Git source/version control repository
- Exposure to automated build and deployment tools in TFS
- Experience with Terraform.
- Understanding of test methodologies and writing automated test
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Charlottesville , DevOps Engineer II, Engineering , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!