Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summary of BrainGu BrainGu uses leading edge technology to solve
customer problems. We excel in providing cybersecurity, systems
engineering, and software development consulting services in
dynamic and high-pressure scenarios. We provide our customers with
game-changing services and bespoke systems that they love. These
may include automating high-impact workflows, jump-starting new
innovation efforts, and developing just-in-time for mission
needs.We bring a Silicon Valley approach to our customers'
problems. Problems such as the frequency and severity of cyber
attacks, inordinate amounts of data, or ever-expanding legacy
footprints that stifle new capabilities. We must continuously
optimize if we hope to stay sprinting, not walking, along the
Our team is made up of passionate and creative problem solvers.
They bring a wide range of experiences and perspectives to
difficult challenges. By applying a multidisciplinary approach to
innovation, we strive to overcome inherent biases that might lead
others to overlook potential solutions. Our motto: Change the Box.
Let's Change the Box, together.
Responsibilities: Day to Day responsibilities include a mix of
fast-paced prototyping and routine enterprise development work
tempo depending on the week.
- Consults on all approaches, architecture, plans, and processes
relating to data architectures and management.
- Evaluates alternative implementation methods
- Ensures data products meet customer needs
- Ensures technical quality of work, to include performing
QA/oversight of technical data deliverables.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate team needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programsVital Competencies-
Execution: Knowledge and Skills; The individual demonstrates
expertise by applying skills and sharing knowledge within areas
relevant to their own function or work group.- Diplomacy: Building
Trust; Demonstrates commitments to Company goals, initiatives,
policies and procedures through communication and actions.-
Citizenship: Initiative; The individual takes responsibility and
provides leadership on projects or initiatives.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or
- 5 or more years of experience as a data engineer or in a
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and
- Experience in developing, orchestrating and operating data
services in AWS
- Demonstrated knowledge and capability to develop and code
0-> 1 software products, web application and services, as well
as experience in automated testing and cybersecurity
- Demonstrated capability to devise technical solutions in cloud
environments and familiarity with CI/CD pipeline and DevSecOps
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following:
- Cloud Native Architectures
- Government Clouds (Strongly Preferred)
- Gitlab CI
- Function as Code (e.g. AWS Lambda)
- Twelve-Factor application methodology
- Modern development paradigms and languages
- Please note this position is contingent on verification of
existing or obtaining U.S. Government TS/SCI Security
- Please note this position will require 100% on-site workby
Keywords: Braingu, Charlottesville , Data Engineer, Engineering , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!