DevOps Engineer, Container Platform
Company: S&P Global
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Role: DevOps Engineer, Container Platform Location: US
Remote GL: 10 (for internal use only) S&P Global Market
Intelligence team is a creative team of experts collaborating
across divisions and driving continuous improvements in platform
innovation and usability. We are looking for a highly motivated
DevOps Engineer to join our Platforms & Operations Engineering team
supporting our Kubernetes Container Platform as part of our DevOps
transition. The Container Platform is built across multiple
orchestrators, regions, network segmentations, and tenancies. This
is an excellent opportunity to join S&P Global as we transform
our infrastructure and move into the cloud, while also developing
your skills and furthering your career as we plan to power the
markets of the future. The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy working with financial services technologists and
partners. You will have a passion for educating, training,
designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and
challenging set of customers and partners.
- Have a strong understanding of large-scale cloud computing
solutions including setting up and configuring Container
- Have past experience working with Docker and Kubernetes or
related cloud technologies.
- Have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Have ability to present solution of complex problems to
technical and non-technical audience.
- Have passion to learn new technologies and grow with team.
- Tasks and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Work together with various domestic and overseas teams across
the organization to ensure that the SOA & Docker & Kubernetes based
Container Platform is reliable, operational, performant, and meets
business requirements as well as committed SLA.
- Setup, configure and monitor Container platform and conduct
routine maintenance work for smooth operation with guaranteed
- Onboard applications to the platform as and when needed with
- Assist various DEV and QA teams during their development and
testing following the guidelines provided.
- Work closely with supervisor/manager in day-to-day operation
- Conduct and/or assist in conducting regular capacity analysis
- Develop and maintain the platform automation tools, dashboard
and utilities (Java and .NET C#).
- Provide support for Production, DR and lower environments
making sure platform is stable and highly available. What We're
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or in equivalent discipline
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience managing platform
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in any industry leading
container platform such as EKS, ECS, AKS, GKE, Openshift, etc. is
required. Certifications a bonus;
- Hands-on knowledge or experience of AWS. Certifications a
- Strong experience on application deployment and monitoring.
Experience with Datadog or similar observability tools is
- Strong experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, preferably
- Strong Experience managing/administrating and supporting
production, enterprise-grade platforms preferably in the Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, preferably Jenkins and Azure
- Experience with GitOps philosophies, preferably ArgoCD;
- Experience with Service Meshing, preferably the Kong
- Experience with Kubernetes governance, preferably Open Policy
- Experience with software development, preferably in Python,
Bash, Go, Java, etc.;
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix and Windows OS.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and collaboration
- Detail-oriented and a good team player;
- Willing to work providing support coverage for extended hours
on rotation basis;
- Willing to learn new technology and acquire new skills.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only): S&P
Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this
position is $65,200 - $160,100. Base salary ranges may vary by
geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is
eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global
benefits. For more information on the benefits, we provide to our
employees, visit www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires S&P
Global Market Intelligence: At S&P Global Market Intelligence,
we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital.
Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry
data, research and news into tools that help track performance,
generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive
and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk.
Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and
universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making
business and financial decisions with conviction. S&P Global
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI),
which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies
and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more
information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. S&P
Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the
Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring
and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and
trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global
regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's
requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose
securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition
and remediation of positions when there is an effective or
potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is
contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity
Employer: S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or
any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions
will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation
during the application process due to a disability, please send an
email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be
forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only: The EEO is
the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Opportunity Employer S&P Global is an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment
status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job
submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an
accommodation during the application process due to a disability,
please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your
request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates
Only: The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
272771 Posted On: 2022-05-08 Location: Centennial, Colorado, United
Keywords: S&P Global, Charlottesville , DevOps Engineer, Container Platform, Engineering , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!