Data Engineer (Remote)
Company: Knowesis, Inc.
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Knowesis is seeking a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will be
responsible for translating business requirements and methodologies
into code sets to extract and process data. This includes
establishing configuration control and executing scheduled jobs and
ad-hoc data requests. Work may also include evaluating new data
sets, integrating and blending data, and maintaining analytic
products (views, cubes, reports, and Business Data Extracts).
Critical to this role is a technical and functional understanding
of the MHS data.
This position requires a Public Trust clearance and requires U.S.
Citizenship -(applicants without proof of U.S. citizenship will not
be considered due to the position's security clearance
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Import, clean, and prepare very large data sets for advanced
data manipulation and statistical analysis,
- Operate in consultation with colleagues and program staff to
provide data extraction, data mining, and curation.
- Provide consultation and assistance to supported units to
identify opportunities and methods for capturing data relating to
MHS programs and initiatives,
- Prepare reports and presentations that accurately convey data
trends and associated analyses,
- Enter and analyze and curate data within government
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Knowesis requires all employees to be
fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is
considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second
dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one week after receiving a
single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. All newly hired employees will be
required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Knowesis will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
- Experience analyzing direct care MHS data and understanding of
corporate data repositories.
- Experience with the DHA data and the AVHE MIP, Amazon Red
Shift, cloud environments, and reporting applications.
- Three years, or more, of data mining and curation experience in
academic, social services, government, healthcare, or laboratory
- Excellent communication skills and highly detail-oriented and
- Proficiency with Data Management and Data Mining
- Must have advanced proficiency with MS SQL, MS Server, SSIS
Packaging, Python, Business Objects, Tableau Desktop, Prep Builder,
and data modeling tools, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with the suite of Microsoft Office
programs, including Word, Excel, Project, and Access.Preferred
- Data Management Body of Knowledge or Data Management
- Bachelors or better in Science/Mathematics or related
Keywords: Knowesis, Inc., Charlottesville , Data Engineer (Remote), Engineering , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!