Water/Wastewater Engineer - Utilities
Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 18, 2022
TRC is a global consulting firm providing environmentally
advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas,
power and infrastructure industry. TRC has over 6,000 employees in
over 150 offices globally, including Canada, China and the UK.We
are currently seeking aWater/Wastewater Engineerfor our Utilities
team in both Charlottesville, VA and Blacksburg, VA.**Hybrid Work
Arrangement**Duties And Responsibilities
- Completescomplex engineering work involving the planning,
design, and construction administration of a variety of water and
wastewater projects for municipal, industrial, and private
- Helps help grow our water and wastewater practice by executing
projects under the direction of project management and senior
engineering staff. Projects may include, but are not limited to,
master planning, hydraulic modeling, water and wastewater
treatment, water distribution systems, wastewater collection
systems, pump stations, storage tanks, groundwater systems, asset
management, utility management, regulatory compliance, and funding
- Assists in the development of calculations, reports, plans,
specifications, and cost estimates in support of water and
wastewater infrastructure development and rehabilitation.
- Assists in the review of municipal ordinances and codes, client
design standards, and applicable agency regulations to obtain local
and regulatory approval of water and wastewater projects.
- Assists in communication and coordination with clients.
- Other duties as assigned.(Job11706)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or
closely related field, from an ABET-accredited program;
- Theposition may require moderate local and regional travel up
to 20% of the time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to perform
the essential job functions in order to meet internal and external
- Water and Wastewater- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and
theory of applied engineering, design, and construction related to
water and wastewater engineering.
- Coordination of Work- Ability to plan and organize daily work
routine. Establishes priorities for the completion of work in
accordance with sound time-management methodology.
- Judgement and Decision Making- Evaluates the best method of
research and then exercises appropriate judgement in establishing
priorities and resolving complex matters considering the relative
costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most
- Communication- Ability to communicate complex ideas so others
will understand to include preparation and review of engineering
plans and specifications, reports, agendas, and policies. Ability
to listen and understand information and ideas presented verbally
and in writing.
- Interpersonal Relationships- Develops and maintains cooperative
and professional relationships with colleagues, managers, and
representatives from outside organizations.
- Computer Skills- Ability to utility personal computer
applications to include Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD Civil
3D, and ArcGIS.
- Safety- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards, safety
precautions, and safety regulations related to construction
- EIT preferred with the expectation that PE license will be
obtained within 5 yearsAbout TRCGroundbreaker. Game changer.
Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused
and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more
than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require
consulting, construction, engineering and management services,
combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions
that stand the test of time.TRC's 6,000 professionals serve a broad
range of public and private clients, guiding complex projects from
conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We
break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through
for sustainable results.TRC is ranked #17 on ENR's list of the Top
500 Design Firms in the United States. We also ranked No. 10 in
ENR's list of pure design firms, No. 6 in Power, No. 8 in Hazardous
Waste, and No. 16 in Industrial Process/Petroleum.Our Mission We
understand our clients' goals, and embrace them as our own,
applying creativity, experience, integrity and dedication to
deliver superior solutions to the world's energy, environment and
infrastructure challenges.Our Vision We will solve the challenges
of making the Earth a better place to live - community by
community.Please watch the video below to learn more about
TRC:https://bit.ly/3uJdTWhTRC is an equal opportunity employer:
disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., Charlottesville , Water/Wastewater Engineer - Utilities, Engineering , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!