Controls Service Technician - Charlottesville, VA
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: September 21, 2022
At and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go. Why Trane Technologies Is The Best Company for
HVAC Controls Service Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Trane is committed to your safety and has a world class safety
program with continuous training for their associates
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, uniforms, and smart phone This is for the Richmond, VA
area. This role has been designated as On-Site -In-person required.
Work must be done on-site daily. Job Summary:
- In this extremely unique role blending your HVAC and Controls
knowledge, you will be responsible for starting and commissioning
new systems, diagnosing, and repair of environmental-control
systems, utilizing knowledge of electronics, direct digital
control, airflow, refrigeration theory, and control and mechanical
techniques in diverse commercial settings.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer's
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely
understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by
forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays.
- 10% on occasion overnight travel for training or critical
- A High School Diploma or equivalent required, and typically at
least 3-5 years of experience in HVAC/Controls. Technical School or
formal training is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- Previous experience with DDC controls system preferred.
- EPA preferred
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling and use of a
ladder. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to
10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally
lift and or move more than 40 lbs. Base Compensation Range is
$50,000 to $70,000. Disclaimer: This base salary range is based on
US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of
seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Charlottesville , Controls Service Technician - Charlottesville, VA, Engineering , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!