Senior Civil Engineer
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Senior Civil Engineer - ( 22000241 )DescriptionGrounded in
safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and
guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for
growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the
globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of
diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. Were a place to apply
your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work
thats critical to our clients and the communities they support.
Join a team that has the environment down to a science.Your
OpportunityStantec has an immediate need for a Senior Civil / Water
Resources Engineer in our Environmental Services group, focused on
site civil and ecosystem restoration design needs. Stantec is a
leader in the stormwater and ecosystem restoration industry with a
deep bench of both local and national expertise. Our strong water
resources team continues to grow, so it is an exciting time to join
us as we continue our success and create more opportunities for our
staffs growth and development. If you have the high-quality civil /
water resources expertise that we embrace and want to contribute to
the industry in an impactful way, join our team!Your Key
- Work under minimal supervision with broad guidelines, to
assign, review, and evaluate the performance of new project orders;
directing interdisciplinary project teams as needed to ensure
project needs are met.
- Strong project leadership to help ensure conformance with
Stantecs Project Management Framework (PMF).
- Ensure strict compliance with contractual requirements.
- Coordinate with Stantec leadership and client contacts
routinely to explore future opportunities, budget planning, and
staff resourcing needs.
- Develop fee proposals for a variety of sizes and complexities,
working with other task managers as needed to address all technical
- Oversee civil site design and lead supporting tasks, including
grading, hydrologic and hydraulic studies, and utility layout.
- Support Federal / Federally funded projects, including
familiarity with Federal design requirements, specification
development, and the ability to interact with Clients.
- Lead the design and evaluation of stormwater facilities and
- Lead credit analysis of a variety of BMPs for TMDL Credit using
- Assist in the development of TMDL Action Plans and stormwater
- Oversee the inspection of BMPs, municipal facilities, and
- Lead field assessments for water quality studies, watershed
walkovers, stream assessments, and other projects.
- Attend and help moderate daytime and evening public outreach
- Conduct peer and quality reviews on applicable projects.
- Mentor/supervise junior staff and promote career
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by
management.QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have a high attention to detail, strength in time
management and organizational skills, and good written and oral
- Strong project management credentials, including but not
limited to scoping, establishing schedules, project plan
development, and routine tracking/reporting throughout project
- Proven experience successfully executing technical design tasks
and driving project delivery.
- Knowledge of Virginia Stormwater Management Program.
- Knowledge of Virginia regulations.
- Skill in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Access, and Project).
- Proven capabilities in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
software (SWMM, PondPack, HMS, RAS or similar). 2D modeling
- Proven capabilities in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Ability to travel locally on short notice (in and around
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner,
both in writing and in person, with clients, employees and the
- Ability to present to both small and large groups on a wide
range of projects.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to walk 2-4 miles per day in rough terrain and in
various weather conditions.
- Must have a good driving record and valid drivers
license.Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (minimum) in Civil, Water Resources,
Biological Systems, Environmental Engineering, or other closely
related degree required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years prior experience in a similar role
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in a lead design role.
- Professional Licensure (PE) required.
- Virginia DEQ Dual Combined Administrator certification
preferred.This description is not a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the
employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be
assigned or may be changed at any time with or without
notice.Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to
build on each others talents, do exciting work, and make an impact
on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal
best.Primary Location : United States-Virginia-RichmondOther
Locations : United States-Virginia-Fredericksburg, United
States-Virginia-Charlottesville, United States-Virginia-Virginia
BeachJob : Civil EngineerOrganization : BC-2034 Environmental
Services-US VirginiaEmployee Status : RegularJob Level : Individual
ContributorTravel : NoSchedule : Full-timeJob Posting : Jun 7,
2022, 6:28:34 PMReq ID: 22000241Stantec provides equal employment
opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future
and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital
status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We
prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment,
hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job
training, terminations or any other condition of employment.
Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and
regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of
employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Keywords: Stantec, Charlottesville , Senior Civil Engineer, Engineering , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!