Posted on: February 9, 2019
Req ID 1501BR Recruiter Judi VanDerWesthuizen Industry Job Title Service Technician Internal Position Title Jr. Technician Employment Status Regular Full-time Location Charlottesville, VA Contract Award Contingency No Job Description ENSCO Inc and ENSCO RAIL is on the cutting edge of both manned and autonomous Rail Inspection Technology. We help to keep our customer's railways safe for traffic---and save them money in the process. ENSCO Inc is seeking a Service Technician to provide product technical support and system administration for ENSCO's Railroad Technology Division in our Charlottesville, Virginia office. The position will involve technical skills to include but are not limited to the following:
- product technical support and system administration
- end user technical support for products, including hardware and web applications.
- responsible for hardware maintenance as well as unit and system testing . Qualifications Required (Skills) The successful applicant will have:
- 3 to 5 years relevant work experience or a Bachelors degree in electronics, electrical, mechanical engineering technology or equivalent, with 12 months work experience
- Experience to include a minimum of 6 months in trouble shooting, electrical, hardware, technical support, and system testing
- Proven track record of interfacing directly with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently.
- Travel up to 10% of the time
- Must be able to safely climb a 15 foot high ladder to gain access to railroad cars
- Ability to work in tight spots, under and about survey vehicles This position may require temporary assignment to the ATIP. By agreeing to this assignment, employees may be subject to random DOT FRA drug and alcohol testing as circumstances arise. Railroad regulations require that the selected candidate must pass an e-RAILSAFE security background check and online safety tests to work on railroad properties. Wearing safety equipment (hardhat, steel-toe boots, protective vest and protective eye glasses) when working on railroad properties is also a requirement. ENSCO will provide all necessary safety equipment. Qualifications Desired - Schematic interpretation (Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical)
- Quality Assurances Inspections
- MNSTR General Education/Years of Experience min 3-5 yrs exp; or BS or equiv w 1 yr exp U.S. Citizenship No Security Clearance Level None Drug Screen Type None Export Control and Licensing This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government. Background Check Type 7 year Division Description Applied Technology and Engineering Division The Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division is located in Springfield, Va. The ATE Division is the rail industry's source for high-speed and intercity rail safety, track inspection systems, track inspection services, vehicle evaluation testing, rail asset management, and rail security. ATE employees bring together decades of experience and the latest technologies, including laser scanners, real-time signal processing, machine vision, GPS/inertial navigation, wireless communication, and Web data management. The result is efficient, effective products and services that meet the precise needs of the rail community. The ATE Division's extensive background in research and development, rail and vehicle inspection, and asset management makes ENSCO uniquely qualified to not only provide a solution the challenge at hand, but to integrate the solution with other legacy systems already in place. Key customers include the Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. commercial rail organizations, and government agencies abroad. Strength in Diversity ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law. style="width: 940px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: left;"> ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law. Please click HERE to view the EEO Law Posters, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, ENSCO's EEO/AA Policy Statement and ENSCO's Reaffirmation of AA Policy for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. By submitting your resume to ENSCO, you understand and agree that it may be circulated to individuals who may have an interest in your qualifications. Accessibility For inquiries regarding disability accommodation during the applicant process, contact . E-Verify ENSCO participates in E-Verify (PDF). For more information, visit . Contact Us If you experience technical difficulties with this site or applying for a position, please contact 1- or fill out our contact form.
Keywords: ENSCO, Charlottesville , Service Technician, Engineering , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!