Assistant Resident Care Director
Company: Commonwealth Senior Living
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Assistant Resident Care DirectorUS-VA-CharlottesvilleJob ID:
2021-10160Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: Resident
CareCommonwealth Senior Living at CharlottesvilleOverviewCome join
us at any of our Commonwealth Senior Living communities on December
1, 2021 for a Job Fair from 10am to 4pm - no appointment necessary!
We will be providing job offers same day!Do you have a sincere
passion for working with seniors and a love of keeping them
healthy? Our Assistant Resident Care Directors (ARCD) do too! The
ARCD cares for our residents in a number of ways in our communities
under the direction of the Resident Care Director. The main
objective of this position is to administer and document medication
and treatments per the physician's order and accurately record all
care provided to the residents. You would also provide direct
nursing care and clinical supervision of nursing assistants working
with residents. You play a critical role in scheduling the team!
Team members must possess a big heart and a spirit to serve while
you monitor the residents' comfort and respond to their physical
and emotional needs.The Assistant Resident Care Director can grow
into leadership opportunities at our communities and a long-term
career in the senior living industry. Team members can pursue a
higher nursing degree and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist
with paying for education and providing training! Career growth
into the Resident Care Director role is possible. Our company even
boasts several Executive Directors that were ARCDs earlier in their
careers! Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in
senior living, employing around 2,000 associates, and is a two
consecutive year recipient of the Great Place to Work
certification!Commonwealth Senior Living requires COVID vaccination
for all employees.Full TimeDay ShiftEvening ShiftNight
- Administer and document medication and treatments per the
physician's order and accurately record all care provided to the
- Provide direct nursing care and provide clinical supervision of
nursing assistants working with residents.
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication
by reporting care provided and changes in the resident's condition
to the Resident Care Director immediately. May participate in
routine activities of resident's care activities, including daily
living and basic nursing procedures.
- Assisting residents with lifts, moves and transports, using
proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident
- Responds to inquiries relating to requests from residents,
visitors and other personnel promptly and courteously within given
time frames and established policy.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents,
and provides support to the residents according to their care plan.
Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge
nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and
observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the
residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors promoting a
- Fully understands all aspects of residents' rights, including
the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is
responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or
administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or
violation of residents' rights.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed
safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand
washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper
disposal of soiled materials. Also providing care that maintains
each resident's skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin
tears and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning,
repositioning immobile residents and by applying moisturizers to
fragile skin and other areas.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including
checking vital signs, weighing residents, applying creams/ointments
and collecting specimens.
- Takes the lead on staff scheduling, manages requests for time
off, tracks overtime and staffing requirements based on community
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- Caring about people. Previous work with seniors would be
- Drive for doing the right thing and seeing things through to
- Passionate about a job well done, having fun, and celebrating
- Confident to speak up
- Great listener
- Takes ownership and adds value - seeks to improve something
every single day!
- Consistently exhibits respect in all interactions
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Possessing your state LPN or RN certification would be
Keywords: Commonwealth Senior Living, Charlottesville , Assistant Resident Care Director, Executive , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!