Manager - Buildings & Grounds
Company: The Caton Companies
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Management Services Corporation (MSC), one of The Caton
Companies, is central Virginia's leading property management
company. We take exceptional care of our properties, and we are
looking for an energetic and motivated leader who will take our
Building & Grounds department to the next level! MSC's Building &
Grounds department manages grounds maintenance for dozens of
apartment and townhome properties in the Charlottesville area. Our
Company takes great pride in caring for our grounds and our
residents. The Building & Grounds Manager leads the Building and
Grounds maintenance department and a staff of 15-20. They oversee
scheduling of all landscaping activities, maintenance of sidewalks
and parking areas, and removal of trash and snow. Quality is of the
highest importance, so this leader inspects and observes crews for
quality and efficiency. They also manage the departmental budget.
- Consistently demonstrate forward vision and submits ideas and
suggestions to improve operations without prompting.
- Performs employee billing and other administrative
- Review crew performance with the Building and Grounds
Operations Manager daily to ensure each team member is completing
work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure work orders are completed by technicians in a
satisfactory manner in adequate time.
- Perform report creation and analysis.
- Perform on call duties for evenings, holidays, and weekends in
rotation with other managers.
- Occasionally perform grounds maintenance and landscaping.
- Perform property inspections to ensure employees are following
contracts and completing T&M work orders to standards.
- Researching and purchasing supplies or materials as
- Inspects buildings for safety and maintenance needs.
- Assist in landscape design projects as requested using design
software provided. Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is
a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday
through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours and weekend work
is often required. Leads and participates in snow removal. Travel/
- Drives Company truck; must have valid driver's license and
satisfactory DMV record. Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years experience in a similar Building & Grounds management
role The Benefits --- Competitive Compensation Package ---
Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Insurance --- FSA Program
--- 401K Program with 4% company match --- 8 Paid Holidays plus
personal floating holiday --- 120 hours of accrued Paid time Off
(PTO) the first year And more--- Why you should apply:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Benefits
- Award Winning Team Equal Opportunity Employer HP1
Keywords: The Caton Companies, Charlottesville , Manager - Buildings & Grounds, Executive , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!