Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
State/Business Line Specific: PACE
Reports to: Clinic Services Manager
Under clinical supervision, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
performs assigned nursing procedures and provides general nursing
care to participants, in accordance with InnovAge policies and all
Physical attendance at an InnovAge facility and/or an InnovAge
participant home is essential to performing the job duties.
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Participant Care
Estimated Percent of time Spent - 100%
* Provides general nursing care which includes the supervision or
administration of prescribed medications and treatments in
accordance with nursing standards.
* Furnishes services, treatments and diagnostic and preventive
procedures as assigned per the plan of care, in accordance with
agency policies and applicable regulations
* Performs treatment(s) per policies and procedures.
* Implements the orders written by primary care and nursing orders
* Performs phlebotomy functions when necessary
* Instructs participants and family regarding medications and
treatment instructions and ensures understanding of given
* Observes, records, and reports participant's condition and
reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
* Signs off on orders, and explains orders and instructions to
appropriate personnel, implements orders written by primary care
and nursing when necessary.
* Administers vaccinations and TB testing, documents and records
results test administration and results appropriately.
* Prepares clinical and progress notes and completes assigned
audits and performs electronic or written documentation.
* Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and
registered nurse reactions to treatments, including drugs and
changes in the client's physical or emotional condition.
* Accepts, writes and executes orders; orders are cosigned by
* Assures that the client/family is involved in implementing the
plan of care.
* Assists in reviewing, collaborating and updating the client plan
of care as appropriate.
* Participates in peer review and QM activities as assigned.
* Participates in utilization review of medical records as
* Adheres to Agency standards and consistently interprets and
accurately performs all assigned responsibilities.
* Perform Medication Nurse function
* Reviews and audits Medication Administration Records to ensure
data is current with orders within the electronic medical records
resolves errors and communicates corrections with the Pharmacy
* Participates within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation
of Plans of Care for InnovAge PACE program participants, as well as
in other interdisciplinary team settings that plan, coordinate and
monitor the care of InnovAge PACE program participants.
* Administers medications and maintains medication systems
including over-the-counter, contingency and emergency medications
supply for the PACE participants under the direction of the
* Completes transcription and follow-up of medical orders.
* Maintains cleanliness and organization in the clinic, especially
in the medication and cart areas.
* Delivers routine nursing care to PACE participants and related
services within the scope of practical nursing license. This
includes, but is not limited to: wound care, treatments, weights,
vital signs, and assisting with nutritional needs.
* Provides assistance in medical emergencies under the supervision
of the Primary Care staff or Registered Nurse.
* Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
* Assists in the development of care plans for PACE
* Assists with the orientation of new LPNs and clinic support staff
* Implements written orders of primary care staff.
* Completes appropriate and timely documentation of all nursing
care provided as well as medication administration.
* Observes, records, and reports to primary care staff
participants' change of condition and reaction to drugs and
* Makes home visits for skilled nursing care as requested.
* Provides health education to participants and caregivers.
* May be required to provide on-call weekend and holiday
* Additional work functions and duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* High School Diploma or GED required
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
* Current State Issued Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license
* Current CPR card or the ability to obtain a CPR card.
* IV Certification
Work Experience and Qualifications
* A minimum of one year of experience working with the frail or
Work Experience and Qualifications
* One to three years of experience as an LPN in a clinic or long
term care setting with geriatrics experience
* Knowledge of medications used in the treatment of geriatrics
* Bi-lingual-Spanish, Russian, Punjabi or Hmong Preferred
Physical Demands /Work Environment
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting, or
clinical setting, and use standard office equipment, including a
computer, and medical equipment; vision/sight (close distance, long
distance, depth and peripheral) to assess emergency situations,
including medical incidents and to read printed materials and a
computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person,
before groups, and over the telephone. Depending on assignment,
standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be
required, and travel to visit various cultural, physical,
behavioral and environmental settings may be required. Finger
dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a
computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard, or calculator and to
operate standard office and medical equipment. Positions in this
classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and
pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information.
Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull
materials and objects up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations
will be made for individuals on a case-by-case basis.
Employees primarily work in an office environment with moderate
noise levels and controlled temperature. Employees may work
outdoors and are occasionally exposed to loud noise levels and cold
and/or hot temperatures. Incumbents may be exposed to blood and
body fluids in the performance of their assigned duties. Employees
may interact with members of the public or with staff under
emotionally stressful conditions while interpreting and enforcing
departmental policies and procedures.
MATERIALS, TOOLS EQUIPMENT, WORK AIDS
May require use of wheelchair, medical equipment, gait belts,
sliding board, bedside commode, shower equipment, and other work
May require working under stressful conditions. May experience
pressure to meet scheduled deadlines. There may be distractions
such as phone calls, work interruptions, and communication from
Respond and intervene appropriately to multiple interruptions.
Working conditions may be noisy and crowded and expose employee to
fluctuating indoor temperatures, and humidity around
Keywords: InnovAge, Charlottesville , Clinic LPN, Healthcare , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!