Home Care LPN
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Under clinical supervision, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
performs assigned nursing procedures and provides general nursing
care to participants, in accordance with InnovAge policies and all
applicable regulations. Physical attendance at an InnovAge facility
and/or an InnovAge participant home is essential to performing the
- Provides general nursing care which includes the supervision or
administration of prescribed medications and treatments in
accordance with nursing standards.
- Furnishes services, treatments and diagnostic and preventive
procedures as assigned per the plan of care, in accordance with
agency policies and applicable regulations
- Performs treatment(s) per policies and procedures.
- Implements the orders written by primary care and nursing
orders when necessary.
- Performs phlebotomy functions when necessary
- Instructs participants and family regarding medications and
treatment instructions and ensures understanding of given
- Observes, records, and reports participant's condition and
reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Signs off on orders, and explains orders and instructions to
appropriate personnel, implements orders written by primary care
and nursing when necessary.
- Administers vaccinations and TB testing, documents and records
results test administration and results appropriately.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and completes assigned
audits and performs electronic or written documentation.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and
registered nurse reactions to treatments, including drugs and
changes in the client's physical or emotional condition.
- Accepts, writes and executes orders; orders are cosigned by
- Assures that the client/family is involved in implementing the
plan of care.
- Assists in reviewing, collaborating and updating the client
plan of care as appropriate.
- Participates in peer review and QM activities as assigned.
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as
- Adheres to Agency standards and consistently interprets and
accurately performs all assigned responsibilities.
- Perform nursing care to clients in their place of
- Additional work functions and duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Current State Issued Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current CPR card or the ability to obtain a CPR card.
- Personal transportation, valid state issued driver's license,
good driving record and auto insurance as required by law.
- IV Certification
- A minimum of one year of experience working with the frail or
- One to three years of experience as an LPN in a clinic or long
term care setting with geriatrics experience
- Knowledge of medications used in the treatment of
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (Home Care LPN)
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
State/Business Line Specific: Home Care
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
Keywords: InnovAge, Charlottesville , Home Care LPN, Healthcare , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!