Inpatient Charge Nurse (RN) - Surgical Intermediate Care Unit (SIMU) - 5 North
Company: University of Virginia
Posted on: September 13, 2023
The Charge Nurse position is an experienced professional who
demonstrates clinical, leadership, and interpersonal skill
The Charge Nurse facilitates and supports the clinical and
operational needs of individual inpatient care areas in partnership
- Leads day to day operations supporting safe throughput and
access to care
- Ensures staffing according to patient needs and collaborates
with leaders and staffing resource office (inpatient) using
established staffing guidelines.
- Accurately documents within labor management software to ensure
Team member support
- Serves as a resource for team members and facilitates adherence
to (or use of?) policies and clinical practice guiding
- Ensures access to appropriate levels of care, and facilitates
clinical/operational escalation as needed.
- Facilitates a calm and productive working environment
- Supports team members in non patient care activities such as
professional development activities, participation in practice
environment problem solving, breaks etc.
- Supports patient experience through support of team member
identified needs, patient rounding (inpatient), service recovery
and problem solving. Coordinates support services as needed to
address patient needs. Engages with the team, patients and visitors
to optimize the patient experience.
- Promotes closed loop communication and collaboration between
team members, clinical disciplines and ancillary departments.
Environment of Care
- Manages care environment to ensure regulatory and safety
standards are met.
- Facilitates team huddles and use of visual management boards as
a mechanism to promote communication.
- Supports setting specific work to achieve local and
organizational quality goals and use of standard work.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may
be assigned.Position Compensation Range: $39.39 - $64.99 Hourly
Education: Bachelor's of Science in Nursing or currently enrolled
in an accredited nursing BSN/MSN program that will be completed
within 5 years of hire.
Experience: RN Clinician 2 or higher who has been employed on the
unit for 6 months or has had previous Charge Nurse experience from
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the
Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health
Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling
and bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual
skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability
to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals,
blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which
represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing,
UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library,
are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and
staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through
every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal
opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital
status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran
status, and family medical or genetic information.
Keywords: University of Virginia, Charlottesville , Inpatient Charge Nurse (RN) - Surgical Intermediate Care Unit (SIMU) - 5 North, Healthcare , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!