Company: Greek House Chefs
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Greek House Chefs is looking to recruit chefs for its elite Blue
Coat Army. We are a rapidly growing food service company seeking
confident, professional, and welcoming chefs who want to start to
make a difference within the industry.
Are you creative, independent, and considered a leader?Do you find
yourself pushing for more freedom, experiences, and a sense of
community?Have you been searching for a family friendly schedule, 5
weeks paid leave and a sense of personal security?
Unlike other similar food service companies, Greek House Chefs is
known in the industry to have the most generous food budgets. You
will be armed with plenty of gear, advanced technical resources,
and a Management team above all others, so you will have all the
tools you need to succeed. Our extensive Management support system
is always available should you need help with a recipe, need help
with a tailgate, or have a question about service.
- SOUS CHEF POSITION DESCRIPTION -The Sous Chef will act in a
supporting role to the Executive Chef. Heavy emphasis on consistent
food prep and production in accordance to the Executive Chef and
Greek House Chefs policies and standards. Must have proficient
knife and time-management skills, as well as up-to-date knowledge
on cleanliness and food safety protocols.
- JOB DUTIES -
- Must have Serv Safe certification upon employment. If you do
not currently hold a certification, you will need to be enrolled in
the earliest upcoming class. Company will pay for class if
- Typical work week is 45-50 hours throughout the school year.
(Initial on-boarding and training will require additional hours
than a typical work week schedule)
- Ensure effective stocking and storage, adhering to first-in
- Ensure cleanliness of work and service areas.
- Ensure all required standards and policies are adhered to in
the production and preparation of food.
- Ensure all customer expectations are met and exceeded in
accordance to GHC standards.
- Monitor portion and quality control for all food service.
- Assist in other kitchen duties and processes as directed.
- Occasional late nights and/or weekends depending on client meal
- Leads kitchen and covers duties in Executive Chefs
- Will be required to work 3 special events per semester that
could fall on a night or weekend, depending on chapter
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. while in the
- Must have open availability during the day for scheduling
depending on chapter contract.
- Ensure the overall relationship with the account is always
positive and in good standing .
- BENEFITS -
- 5 weeks paid scheduled leave
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Generously competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits provided through Greek House
Chefs available to all employee's Dental benefits also
- 401K package available
- On-going support from Campus Managers, Account Managers and
- Peer-to-peer company supported connections and resources to the
entire Blue Coat Army
- Promotions opportunities from within
- Paid training
- Chef coats provided
For an insider look at our unique company and what we do, check out
our website at www.greekhousechefs.comTo hear from some of our
employees, check out our Employee Testimonial video at
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample
time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that
your job is safe
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Keywords: Greek House Chefs, Charlottesville , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!