Human Resources Generalist
Company: Keswick Hall
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Keswick Hall and Club has a unique opportunity for an experienced
HR Generalist to join their growing team! The HR Generalist will be
the first point of contact for all HR functions and partner with
the Director of HR and leadership to help mainatin and continue
building a strong workplace culture. The HR Generalist performs
duties at the professional level in some or all of the following
functional areas: employee relations, training, employment,
benefits management, performance management, onboarding, policy
implementation, recruitment, and payroll functions. Keswick offers
an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment
that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an
environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and
diversity of others. We provide a professional workplace in one of
the most beautiful settings in Virgina. In addition, we offer a
robust benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and
disability; a competitive PTO offering, as well as 401(k).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage programs to enhance employee relations and offer
employee support to each staff member.
- Maintains accuracy and confidentiality of all HR information,
including but not limited to personnel files, complaints/
investigations, and payroll files.
- Partners with HRD to source, recruit, identify, interview and
hire for all positions.
- Serves as back-up to the HR Coordinator in administering
pre-employment background checks, and all onboarding
- Serves as back-up to HR Coordinator in processing HRIS changes
and ensuring timecards are approved before payroll is
- Reviews PAF's and data entry completed by HR Coordinator to
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to
continually improve efficiency of the department and services
- Partners with accounting team on any reporting or payroll
- Assists HR Coordinator with benefits administration including
monitoring employee eligibility for benefits plans, reviewing
benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or
changes and verifying benefit billing accuracy and processes for
- Coordinates and manages benefit programs including 401k, open
enrollment, benefit audits, 1095 processing and end of year
- Back-Up HR Coordinator with management and coordination of
Keswick's J-1 program by assigning rooms, tracking all incoming
J-1's and seasonal interns, conducting exit interviews and
assisting with housing and transportation needs.
- Facilitate and ensure that the new hire orientation process
properly introduces new employees to Keswick's culture.
- Serves as point of contact for escalated employee relations
- Work with Safety training vendor to ensure all required safety
and compliance trainings are current.
- Tracks all escalated employee disciplinary action.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes
recommendations to the management team for corrective action and
- Serves as Project Manager for new HR system/ process
- Work with HRD to implement methods to measure and improve
employee morale and overall employee satisfaction
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS The qualifications listed below are representative
of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE Minimum of a Bachelors' Degree or equivalent
with concentration in human resources, business management or
related field plus 2-4 years of experience in Human Resources.
However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken
into consideration. LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS PHR or SHRM-CP
preferred. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES Experience in payroll and
accounting preferred. Experience with HRIS reporting and strong
excel skills strongly preferred Proven ability to handle difficult
conversations in an honest, sincere and consistent manner.
Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
General knowledge of employment/labor laws. Knowledge of ADP or
similar HRIS systems. Ability to maintain and not disclose
confidential information. Excellent spelling, grammar and written/
oral communication skills. Strong sense of urgency. Unimpeachable
customer service focus. Ability to multi-task and work quickly.
Ability to remain positive and calm under pressure. Proficiency in
PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Attention to detail in
composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities
and meeting deadlines. Ability to plan, organize and manage
multiple projects and set priorities.
Keywords: Keswick Hall, Charlottesville , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!