Technical Services Specialist III
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbotts Diagnostics family
of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and
industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which
provides important information for treatment and management of
diseases and other conditions.
The position of Technical Services Specialist III is within our
ARDX Informatics located at Charlottesville, VA. This role will be
responsible for addressing customer calls and emails of a more
complex nature, relating to product inquiries, opinions/suggestions
and complaints concerning a wide range of the company's products
and/or product families, under the minimum oversight of area
management using professional concepts, technical knowledge, and
companys strategies, tactics, and policies and procedures
formulated in association with management, with the objective of
satisfactorily addressing the customer's inquiry or complaint.
* Field customer calls and emails and apply troubleshooting skills
to assist customers with appropriate responses to product
inquiries, opinions/suggestions, and complaints, using strategies
and tactics formulated by management. Contribute to guidelines for
* Document cases in complaint handling system, using guidelines to
ensure comprehensive and quality documentation. Accuracy and
readability of written work, complaint and CAPA records including
customer communications, study plans, protocols and reports.
Contribute to guidelines for appropriate documentation.
* Able to assess a customer complaint for Medical Device Reporting
requirements. Identify and escalate cases with potential regulatory
actions. Advise management of significant product issues and
unresolved customer issues.
* Monitor and evaluate case documentation. Track and manage open
cases and follow up with customers in a timely manner.
* Handle multiple priorities on daily basis. Use time management
skills to be productive and deliver positive, concrete results.
Demonstrated flexibility with change.
* Interface with manufacturers' product support investigative
teams, vendors and field service providers re: case investigations
and on-site service calls, acting to ensure appropriate and timely
responses. May serve as liaison.
* Interface with various internal groups (Engineering, Operations,
Quality Assurance, Regulatory, field personnel, marketing)
concerning product and customer service issues.
* Practitioner of problem solving and root cause analysis tools and
techniques. May conduct analysis of case data for tracking and
trending, escalating appropriately. Study design and analysis of
data generated to draw a valid conclusion.
* Document customer letters, job aids and other technical
* Participate in training. Share knowledge with others. Contribute
to development of training plans and materials.
* Serve regularly as resource for other specialists in addressing
customer issues based on experience and knowledge.
* Facilitate and contribute to implementation of new and/or
standardized processes and programs.
* High standard of oral communication required for meeting
facilitation and participation, customer interaction including
calls, WebEx, site visits and audit either by customer or third
* Product knowledge including performance claims and Quality
Agreements in place with customers. Apply advanced knowledge of
diagnostics on product and technical level.
* Working knowledge of complaint handling and CAPA process in the
context of ISO13485, the US Code of Federal Regulations, and
* Work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable
and good judgment is required in addressing issues and making
* Demonstrate strong service orientation and focus, using skills in
customer service methods and techniques. Communicate effectively,
professionally and respectfully. Build productive working
relationships internally and externally.
* Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and
effectiveness of ARDx Quality Management System.
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both
internal/external business associates that reflects positively on
the company and is consistent with the companys policies and
* Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may
occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has
awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of
responsibility, including product design, verification and
validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
* Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION:
* BS/BA Required and/or five to eight years of related
IT/Quality/customer support experience
* Advanced degree preferred including eight or more years related
experience in customer support.
* Working knowledge of diagnostic industry on a clinical and
technical level including knowledge of federal regulations related
to clinical testing, diagnostics and medical device industry, e.g.
FDA, ISO 9001, ISO 13485.
* Advanced knowledge of systems with software and hardware
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of
situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to
determine appropriate actions and results.
* Excellent service orientation and focus, experience in customer
service methods and techniques.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey
appropriate information with clarity and effectiveness.
* Display initiative in performing responsibilities and
* Demonstrated skills in carrying out responsibilities and goals
with minimal direction in an accurate, dependable manner.
* Collaborate effectively, serve as resource and role model, be
flexible with change, handle multiple priorities, and consistently
deliver concrete and positive results.
* Excellent computer skills including MS Office.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, ABBOTT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES
DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with
disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at
www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott, Charlottesville , Technical Services Specialist III, IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!