Senior Frontend Developer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Are you a Frontend Developer who loves to create beautiful
software design in an engaging environment? We are looking for
exceptional web developers with strong software engineering chops
and solid UI/UX design skills to join our front-end development
You will design and develop innovative user interfaces and
information visualizations for a growing web application to help
our end users make sense of their challenging problems. This
position is unique among front-end development positions in that
you will be responsible for building and maintaining a front-end
codebase that is used across many products at the company. This
requires a keen focus on creating powerful user-interfaces that
enable all of the data analysis tools necessary to slice and dice a
problem while remaining clear and intuitive to use. Similarly it
requires strong code design skills that allow multiple projects to
easily take advantage of common APIs and UI components.
You will work with our superlative team that includes Systems
Engineers, Mathematicians, Computer Scientists, UI/UX Designers,
and Developers. Solving fun and challenging problems is in our DNA
- at GA-CCRi, we only take on interesting projects.
- Have experience developing and iterating on mockups,
translating these to style and code
- Have excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Have a strong visual design sense and appreciation for
developing a stellar user experience
- Enjoy researching and testing the latest and greatest
- Have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and respond quickly
in a fast-paced environment
- Have a desire to learn
- Interested in mentoring junior developers, through code reviews
and design critiques.
- Able to communicate and explain possible solutions to
non-technical team members.
- Enjoy working in an exciting, dynamic environment with a great
team of intelligent co-workers
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field with at least 8
additional years of related professional experience
- US citizenship required
Bonus points if you also:
React, Preact, etc)
- Have experience writing in TypeScript
- Have experience with CSS pre-processors (Stylus, LESS, SASS,
- Use data visualization tools/toolkits such as d3 or similar
- Have experience developing map based applications using
OpenLayers, Leaflet, Google Maps, etc.
- Are familiar with all aspects of software development,
including client/server programming
- Have the ability to drive and review APIs for back-end
- Are interested in data mining, analytics, and/or machine
Were looking for candidates with solid technical foundations and a
desire to continue learning. Preference given to candidates with an
active security clearance.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and status as a US citizen, and to complete the
required employment eligibility verification document form upon
hire. Failure to do so can and will result in dismissal.
- Intellectually Challenging Work and Learning Opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Retirement Benefit
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Want to know more about GA-CCRi?
The job description above is not intended to be comprehensive list.
Responsibilities, activities, duties, and/or tasks may change or be
assigned at any time.
GA-CCRi is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce because
we know that our differences benefit our employees, our customers,
and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate
based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, status as a an individual with a
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable
legally protected characteristics.
GA-CCRi participates in E-Verify, the federal program for
electronic verification of employment eligibility. Learn More at
Keywords: Ga-ccri, Charlottesville , Senior Frontend Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!