Director of Solar Technology
Company: Apex Clean Energy
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Company DescriptionApex Clean Energy was founded with a singular
focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through
origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind,
solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and
green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier
across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250
professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled
portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world's most
innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information
about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit
apexcleanenergy.com.Apex strives to excel in every phase of project
realization, from origination and financing to construction and
asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined,
resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call
of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate
the shift to America's clean energy future. Job DescriptionThe
Director of Solar Technology leads strategic activities for solar
across the Apex business with particular focus on solar supply
chain and market analysis, procurement, project design and
execution, operational analytics, and next generation technology
and services that enable Apex's solar portfolio.Working with
various departments across the organization, this position is
viewed as a subject matter expert in multiple aspects of solar
technology and supports all functions and solar activities
including development, procurement, project design, construction,
operations, technical support, and engineering. This position works
closely with resource assessment, systems, GIS, engineering,
construction, and operations to support deployment of solar
projects.This position reports to the Senior Vice President of
Technology or as they delegate.
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Exempt
- Department: Technology
- Travel: 25%
- Office Location: Headquarters in Charlottesville, VAPrimary
- Provides commercial leadership, guidance, and technical support
to all functions driving Apex solar projects from development
- Leads technical assessment, supply chain and market assessment,
and sourcing strategies for major solar equipment.
- Leads technical due diligence, internal analysis, and
independent engineering to support commercial activities such as
power marketing, project acquisitions, and project financing.
- Develops systems and models to analyze and optimize solar
equipment assessment and decision making on solar projects.
- Sets standards on design and/or operation of equipment for
solar power generation in collaboration with GIS, resource
assessment, engineering, project management and operations.
- Guides project teams in project equipment configuration and
advises on solar industry issues for permitting and design, and
- Analyzes and positions Apex around emerging trends,
technologies and practices in US solar.
- Provides guidance on applicable codes, practices, QA/QC
policies, performance standards, and specifications.Qualifications
- Extensive technical expertise with solar equipment.
- Design, engineering, and/or operations experience with solar
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or
- 8+ years' experience in renewable energy, power generation or
power delivery with considerable experience in US solar
- Proficiency in Solar and MV system designs and studies.
- Strong understanding of applicable industry codes and standards
including the IEEE, NESC, IEC
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook with advanced MS Office
skills, Capability with advances data analysis and visualization is
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the
ability to work across multiple functions and to understand
requirements, and create solutions for project challenges.
- Excellent analytical, reporting presentation and communication
- Willing to work from our Headquarters in Charlottesville, VA.
Remote work considered for the right candidate.
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit
proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date
unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.Work
EnvironmentAdditional InformationWorks primarily traditional office
hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed
when work duties and business operations permit.How You'll GrowAt
Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on
helping people at every level of their career to identify and use
their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level
employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to
learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to
hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy
industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust
multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs,
our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to
grow throughout their career.What Apex Can Offer YouAt Apex Clean
Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value
our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and
encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences,
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to
supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning,
hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an
impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans,
dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term
disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching,
flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell
phone, fitness and wellness corporate discountsApex Clean Energy,
Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires
qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Apex Clean Energy, Charlottesville , Director of Solar Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!