Technical Requirements Manager
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Everybody thinks they can be a Technical Requirements Manager, but do you consider yourself a true technical detective? The Technical Requirements Manager role at WillowTree is a client facing role focused on understanding our partner's unique business needs and vision. They collaborate closely with WillowTree's design and engineering teams to execute and bring that vision to life by translating business requirements into technical requirements.
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we'd like to talk to you.Successful applicants:
- Work iteratively with the client to turn abstract goals into precise software features, requirements, and workflows
- Differentiate between client needs and desires to craft a scope that improves development efficiency
- Interpret the client's goals to recommend additional features that would craft a better product
- Consider and discuss the implications of complex features to ensure the client understands all required dependencies and inputs
- Act like a WillowTree detective. Have awareness of the things you don't know and the ability to find answers from the right people to fill in the blanks
- Are responsive to all partners. Repeatedly asking the question, "what are we trying to say or accomplish here?"
- Actively guide clients through risk identification and analysis to handle both business and technical uncertainties
- You have expertise in the mobile-software ecosystem and the differences in capabilities across iOS, Android, Web, and TV platforms
- You can visualize a client's product roadmap and identify feature dependencies
- You love cultivating communication between technical and non-technical audiences, ensuring solutions fulfill client's business needs
- You have a committed attention to detail. You document everything
- You can prioritize work across multiple parallel activities
- You have an understanding of the WillowTree software development process
- You are extraordinary at quickly reading and synthesizing large documents
- You communicate clearly, confidently, and respectfully with clients and potential clients
- Agency experience with a wide variety of clients and verticals
- Multi-platform project experience
- In-depth technical knowledge
- Real passion for mobile and tech
Why WillowTree?We offer a place to be yourself.Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That's why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You'll work hard here; however, we'll balance that with commitment a culture that focuses on building connections, optimism, craftsmanship, flow, and ownership. We're committed to creating an environment of inclusion - a place where every Tree can thrive.We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well - physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you'd expect - competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc - we're committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.About WillowTree:Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We cultivate a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a huge impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.
Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Keywords: WillowTree, Charlottesville , Technical Requirements Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!