Agile Software Development Lead
Company: CACI International
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:
CACI has a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about agile and delivering quality software. We are looking for a Development Lead to manage an established agile team based primarily in Charlottesville, VA and inclusive of several remote development and testing resources. The position will report directly to the Technical Program Manager and be customer facing. The position will involve working in an agile development environment leading the design and development of web-based solutions for a key application supporting the Department of Defense. The Development Lead will actively facilitate sprint planning/review sessions with the product owner. The Development Lead will provide technical and team leadership. The Development Lead will ensure architecture, information assurance, requirements, testing and configuration management personnel coordinate as required. The Development Lead will be responsible evaluating, scoping, assigning and ultimately delivering on all customer commitments.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and lead Sprint Reviews and Sprint Planning Sessions
- Rehearse and execute customer demonstrations of new functionality
- Monitor burndown progress throughout each sprint and ensure maximum efficiency throughout the team.
- Research, design and develop complex enterprise-level web applications built on relational databases
- Transform complex customer requirements into working, maintainable solutions
- Utilize third-party software development kits and API's to rapidly develop basic application solutions
- Adapt off-the-shelf solutions to meet government customer needs and requirements
- Work in a collaborative agile team environment
- Ensure code/peer reviews are completed to support the delivery of high-quality releasesEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10+ years of general work experience (with 5 to 7 years of related experience).
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Must have the ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.REQUIRED:
- Successful experience managing a medium to large sized development team
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to plan and execute effectively
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills, with the ability to lead and manage the effort of others
- Strong customer service skills and customer relationship management experience
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an occasional high-pressure environment
- Prior experience developing with the .NET Framework 2.0 and greater, preferably with ASP .NET web applications utilizing either C# or Visual Basic .NET
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology, processes, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with Oracle and PL-SQL and simple Database Administration techniques a plus
- Hands-on experience utilizing and configuring IIS 6.0 and 7.0 as an application server for delivering web application solutions.
- Ability to learn at a fast pace and be able to rapidly learn and leverage third-party tools, SDKs, and APIs
- Excellent organization, communication and writing skills, and have the ability to express yourself in technical discussion via strategy, implementation and design of application environments
- Familiarity with Microsoft WCF Services and web service utilization a plus.
- U.S. Citizen with active SECRET clearanceDESIRED:
- Familiarity with some or all of the following: JIRA, Subversion, USG IA development and security standards.
- Successful candidate will be imaginative, responsive and be able to communicate well with users.
- Other helpful skills include LINQ Microsoft Workflow, WPF, SVN
- Active TS/SCI clearance (will be submitted for a CI polygraph, if candidate does not already possess one.)Job LocationUS-Charlottesville-VA-CHARLOTTESVILLE
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: CACI International, Charlottesville , Agile Software Development Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!