Geospatial Software Engineer (LiDAR)
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Req ID 1477BR Recruiter Toya Carter-Williams Industry Job Title Geospatial Software Engineer (LiDAR) Internal Position Title Project Engineer Employment Status Regular Full-time Location Charlottesville, VA Contract Award Contingency No Job Description ENSCO is seeking a LiDAR Geospatial Data Software Engineer to lead the development of new LiDAR geospatial products and solve GIS and LiDAR problems for our visual mapping and localization products. ENSCO is on the cutting-edge of rail inspection technology, providing industry-leading advanced solutions to the US and international surface transportation markets. You are equal parts LiDAR geospatial analyst and software engineer. You are someone who brings a good mix of geospatial and LiDAR subject matter expertise with in-depth programming and engineering skills. You are excited by the prospect of learning and implementing new algorithms to improve classification workflows. Your geospatial knowledge and coding skills are strong, and you enjoy building new skills. You'll be right at home here if you are organized, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself and our team to be the best in class.Job Responsibilities
- Develop data workflows leveraging best-in-class methods to classify terrain using LiDAR.
- Write maintainable spatial data processing code to analyze and visualize point cloud date.
- Research, identify and consolidate geospatial data over large geographical areas from multiple sources for input into classification workflows (imagery, LiDAR, IMU and road, rail and utility networks etc.).
- Develop algorithms and software (e.g. ArcMap AddIns, scripts, tools etc.) to process geospatial data.
- Develop scripts to streamline work processes and automate object/feature extraction and visualizations in user interfaces.
- Maintain and improve existing C#.net codebase.
- Learn new geospatial platforms, programming languages, tools as needed.
- Research new approaches to address geospatial data development challenges.
- Design data models and perform data analysis.
- Work with a team to establish spatial data standardization for products.
- Manage small and large image classification projects.
- Provide training and support to other team members.
- Understand and deliver on client expectations of our products and services.
- Provide support and administration of data maintenance activities. This position can be worked out of Charlottesville, VA or Springfield, VA Qualifications Required (Skills)
- BS in GIS/Remote Sensing/Data Science disciplines with strong analytical skills, or equivalent, and 7+ years of hands-on experience working closely with geospatial data.
- Proficiency with C#.net.
- Experience working with LiDAR data.
- Experience in point cloud and 3D graphics visualization.
- In depth knowledge of coordinate systems, projections, and datums.
- Experience working with GPS and correction services.
- Experience with object-based image classification and spatial modeling.
- Background in mapping, localization, or object detection.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS solutions (e.g. ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online) and Database Management Systems.
- Cloud Experience, for example AWS and Azure.
- Database experience including but not limited to MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle
- Strong technical aptitude, including the ability to quickly and efficiently learn applications, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple projects.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Significant experience in developing and maintaining mobile mapping system software; Qualifications Desired
- MS/ Ph.D. in GIS/Remote Sensing/Data Science disciplines with strong analytical skills and 3+ years of hands-on experience working closely with geospatial data.
- Experience with railroad inspection and measurement systems and/or railroad maintenance.
- Experience with machine learning, data science, and deep learning.
- Experience with document management and/or configuration control software. #LI-TC1
- MNSTR General Education/Years of Experience BS or equiv; min 7 yrs related exp U.S. Citizenship No Security Clearance Level None Drug Screen Type None Export Control and Licensing This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government. Background Check Type 7 year Division Description Applied Technology and Engineering Division The Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division is located in Springfield, Va. The ATE Division is the rail industry's source for high-speed and intercity rail safety, track inspection systems, track inspection services, vehicle evaluation testing, rail asset management, and rail security. ATE employees bring together decades of experience and the latest technologies, including laser scanners, real-time signal processing, machine vision, GPS/inertial navigation, wireless communication, and Web data management. The result is efficient, effective products and services that meet the precise needs of the rail community. The ATE Division's extensive background in research and development, rail and vehicle inspection, and asset management makes ENSCO uniquely qualified to not only provide a solution the challenge at hand, but to integrate the solution with other legacy systems already in place. Key customers include the Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. commercial rail organizations, and government agencies abroad. Strength in Diversity ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law. style="width: 940px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: left;"> ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law. Please click HERE to view the EEO Law Posters, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, ENSCO's EEO/AA Policy Statement and ENSCO's Reaffirmation of AA Policy for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. By submitting your resume to ENSCO, you understand and agree that it may be circulated to individuals who may have an interest in your qualifications. Accessibility For inquiries regarding disability accommodation during the applicant process, contact . E-Verify ENSCO participates in E-Verify (PDF). For more information, visit . Contact Us If you experience technical difficulties with this site or applying for a position, please contact 1- or fill out our contact form.
Keywords: ENSCO, Charlottesville , Geospatial Software Engineer (LiDAR), IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!