Senior Full Stack Developer
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Req ID 1494BR Recruiter Judi VanDerWesthuizen Industry Job Title Senior Full Stack Developer Internal Position Title Staff Software Engineer Employment Status Regular Full-time Location Charlottesville, VA Contract Award Contingency No Job Description ENSCO's Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division designs, develops and manufactures precision, high-speed, real-time track inspection systems and associated decision-making software packages for the national and international railway market. We are seeking a skilled Full Stack Developer to develop a variety of web applications and corresponding databases to serve the railroad industry. As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and build an end to end application, and bring to market innovative consumer products. Responsibilities: Work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well as this you'll be involved in planning and maintaining database structures. The position will involve technical and scientific leadership to include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Design, implement, and test n-tier enterprise web and or native applications
- Lead development of technologies and products as directed
- Define task breakdowns and effort estimates, as well as preparing design documents
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to junior members of the development team
- Review, troubleshoot and optimize code level problems quickly and efficiently
- You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. Work hard. Have fun. Make history. Qualifications Required (Skills) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent 7+ years' experience in application development and testing with at least 5+ years' SDLC implementation experience
- Experience doing hands-on software design and development in all tiers of Web application architecture.
- Coding experience including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, Android, OpenGL, Eclipse)
- Database layer experience with MySQL
- Previous experience with software release management
- Ability to create support documentation for all new applications
- Proven record of leading small to medium team projects
- Proven knowledge of the most current security and web development programming languages Qualifications Desired Master's degree in Computer Science or related field Experience with working on AWS services(S3, DynamoDB, EC2). Strong communication and interpersonal skills Data analysis and debugging skills Previous experience in REST architecture for web services #LI-JV1 General Education/Years of Experience BS or equiv; min 7 yrs related exp U.S. Citizenship No Security Clearance Level None Drug Screen Type None Export Control and Licensing This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government. Background Check Type 7 year Division Description Applied Technology and Engineering Division The Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division is located in Springfield, Va. The ATE Division is the rail industry's source for high-speed and intercity rail safety, track inspection systems, track inspection services, vehicle evaluation testing, rail asset management, and rail security. ATE employees bring together decades of experience and the latest technologies, including laser scanners, real-time signal processing, machine vision, GPS/inertial navigation, wireless communication, and Web data management. The result is efficient, effective products and services that meet the precise needs of the rail community. The ATE Division's extensive background in research and development, rail and vehicle inspection, and asset management makes ENSCO uniquely qualified to not only provide a solution the challenge at hand, but to integrate the solution with other legacy systems already in place. Key customers include the Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. commercial rail organizations, and government agencies abroad. Strength in Diversity ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law. style="width: 940px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: left;"> ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law. Please click HERE to view the EEO Law Posters, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, ENSCO's EEO/AA Policy Statement and ENSCO's Reaffirmation of AA Policy for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. By submitting your resume to ENSCO, you understand and agree that it may be circulated to individuals who may have an interest in your qualifications. Accessibility For inquiries regarding disability accommodation during the applicant process, contact . E-Verify ENSCO participates in E-Verify (PDF). For more information, visit . Contact Us If you experience technical difficulties with this site or applying for a position, please contact 1- or fill out our contact form.
Keywords: ENSCO, Charlottesville , Senior Full Stack Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!