Senior SQL Database Administrator
Company: S&P Global
Posted on: February 14, 2019
JobDescription : The Role: SENIOR SQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA; Centennial, CO; or remote for the right candidate in a similar cost location. The Team:
- You will be part of a world class Data Platform Services team supporting various product offerings of S&P GLOBAL powered by various middle tier, database and OS technologies and used by tens of thousands of users globally. The team is responsible for ensuring Greater Reliability, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability.
- You will work with a global team of intelligent and ambitious professionals recruited from top industries. The team is responsible for the database support, administration, scalability, performance tuning, release and architecture of large-scale data processing, aggregation and retrieval systems. The Impact:
- This is an extremely visible role as the database is the backbone of our flagship products. These products rely on data to allow our customers to find the companies, securities and markets they are interested in, to explore the relationships between entities, and to search using public identifiers (CUSIPs, ISINs, SEDOLs, Tickers, etc). This critical backend driven data allow our users to value their portfolios, monitor market moving events, understand their risk and maintain their back office systems.
- Contribute to the achievement of Database Administration objectives
- Work on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors. What's in it for you:
- This is the place to hone your existing database and leadership skills while having the chance to become exposed to fresh and divergent technologies (e.g. SQL Server Analysis Services, Oracle, SQL Server Replication, SQL Server Clustering, SQL Server-AlwaysOn, NoSQL, SOLR, Vertica, active-active Databases, and petabyte storage levels).
- As a critical member of the team, you will have the opportunity collaborate with a global team of database administrators and engineers who have recently graduated as well as other team members who are experts in their domain. Responsibilities:
- As a Senior Database Administrator you will Support, Administer, Manage, and Tune the multi-terabyte Database Systems that will enable S&P Capital IQ to ingest, manage, process and serve-up Market Data Products (Research Content, Pricing, Ratings & Financial Aggregates) as well as our highly transactional and dynamic web based CIQ Platform.
- Manage key database releases for QA, Pre-Production, Production and DR as part of the overall SDLC. About S&P Global Market Intelligence At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction. Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence . S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. Senior SQL Database Administrator
Keywords: S&P Global, Charlottesville , Senior SQL Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!