Senior Technical Writer
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Senior Technical WriterLocationCharlottesville, VAJob
ChartIQ is a 7 year old financial technology company with offices
in New York, London and Charlottesville, Virginia. We provide
institutions, brokerages, and trading platforms developer tools for
financial charting and desktop integration.
ChartIQ is redefining the financial technology space with modern,
and so documentation, tutorials, how-tos, and other technical
content is a critical component of what we deliver to our clients.
At ChartIQ you will be constantly exposed to new technology and
have the opportunity to be mentored by experienced architects.
Our culture reflects a fast moving, problem solving environment. We
invest authority in our people, letting them take risks and explore
new ideas. Our pace is fast and our culture is honest and direct.
We wear t-shirts, but we are professionals. As a growth-stage
company we offer the dynamism of a startup with the stability that
comes with success.
ChartIQ is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to produce and own all
publicly shared technical documentation, training and reference
material for our HTML5 Charting Library
(https://www.chartiq.com/html5-charting-library/), to ensure it is
concise, easy to understand and current. In addition, you will work
with the Product and Marketing teams to promote and position the
The successful candidate will be a hands-on user of our software
platform & tools, and independently produce customer facing
documentation that will cover the full range from low-level API's
to architecture diagrams and how-to guides. Candidates should have
a solid understanding of software development (you don't need to be
a coder, but it's definitely a plus if are) as well as superior
communication skills. This role will work with our development team
to maintain and extend our developer portal
A Technical Writer must be able to communicate complex information
clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon.
Your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and
procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help
center queries and FAQs. As a Technical Writer at ChartIQ you will
be a key link between Client Developers, ChartIQ Engineers, Product
Managers, and Marketing.
- Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and
- Create and organize internal technical information for
developer processes, product features and new
- Create technical documentation for our open sourced
- Identify and propose solutions for major improvements to
- Supplement documentation with relevant sample code and/or
visuals needed to enhance the written word.
- 5+ years experience writing documentation for developers (APIs,
SDKs, web technologies) and other forms of technical content for
- You have tackled internal and external documentation projects
that have made life easier for developers of all experience
- Technical skills
- You are able to understand and then explain highly technical
information leveraging a background in engineering or computer
science in order to do this.
- You are proficient with HTML and CSS; proficiency in a UNIX
- You have previous experience with and know your way around
wikis, blogs, and GitHub. * Communication and Teamwork
- You are able to take complex, technical information and
translate it for colleagues and consumers who have nontechnical
- You ask the right questions and get the right details from
highly technical and very busy people.
- You like to work cross-functionally with product managers,
account managers, project managers and technical teams. * Motivated
- You are highly organized, self-motivated and love to bring
order to chaos.
- You are a detail oriented person who can clearly state every
step so that the instructions can be useful.
- You like to use your imagination to think about a procedure or
product in the way that a person without technical experience would
think about it.
- You have a natural curiosity for learning how things
- You're not afraid of adjusting to changes midstream and are
excited about using your creativity to solve problems. * Bachelor's
degree in Technical Writing, Technical Communication, English or
Keywords: ChartIQ, Charlottesville , Senior Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!