Company: CFA Institute
Posted on: August 10, 2019
Our application is not compatible with Internet Explorer
(IE).Senior Developer-2Job Description Summary:The Senior Developer
designs, develops and enhances software applications that support
the mission of CFA Institute. This position will work within an
agile, cross-functional delivery team through all phases of the
software development lifecycle to deliver and maintain software
solutions while contributing to coding and design standards. The
Senior Developer is responsible for applying design patterns and
best-practices to deliver value to stakeholders through clean,
testable and reusable code.
The position is headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia, United
States and reports to the Technical Solutions Manager.Job
- Design, develop and unit test per standard software development
lifecycle practices. Complete project deliverables with high
quality within deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Contribute to established coding standards.
- Design technical solutions in alignment with Reference
- Share knowledge amongst peers and contribute to the knowledge
base. Mentor as appropriate.
- Ensure developed software components are packaged and deployed
- Develop a deep understanding of business processes and be able
to clearly communicate the impact of a technical solution on
existing and future processes at the organizational level.
- Responsible for working within a larger team on major releases,
enhancements, and operational support.
- Escalates issues throughout process as appropriate.
- Accountable for understanding business objectives, translating
them into application design, transitioning the application into
production and providing maintenance and support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Functional experience in all phases of the development
lifecycle a must including requirements gathering, development,
testing, implementation and support. Familiarity with Agile
methodologies is a plus.
- Completion of CFA Institute Investment Foundations program is
preferred; persons not holding the designation will be encouraged
to attain it during the first year in the position
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to work within a
structured cross-functional team on complex and dynamic projects
using Agile methodology
- Understanding of source control practices. Experience in
Microsoft's Team Foundation Server (TFS) is a plus
- Experience in project delivery, with skills necessary to
interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create
appropriate schedules for timely delivery
- Understanding of relational database concepts, including
experience with a major RDBMS such as SQL Server or Oracle.
- Extensive experience in developing applications in the .NET
platform using Visual Studio and C#
- Experience with the following is highly desired:
- ADO.NET, Entity Framework and LINQ
- Dependency Injection, Unit Testing and Mocking frameworks
- Continuous Integration, Build and Deployment Automation
- Code Instrumentation, Performance Monitoring and
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- REST, Web API and SOAP
- Azure or another cloud platform
- a CRM such as Salesforce
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of additional languages
would be useful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal,
listening, and presentation
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Very high level of organizational and time management
- Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical
- Willingness to ask questions rather than just follow directions
- Must demonstrate good judgment and mature business skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a
high degree of professionalism
- Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to
achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- Full time in the office
- Occasional global travel to conferences, meetings and
CULTURAL ELEMENTS AND GLOBAL COMPETENCIES
- Global Perspective - Understands business on a global scale,
understands differences in people and cultures, and is effective
across varied conditions.
- Agility - Responds quickly to opportunities, is flexible, and
effectively embraces change.
- Effective Communication - Communicates clearly and succinctly
in a variety of settings and styles, listens, and presents a
- Stakeholder Focus - Identifies and understands stakeholders and
their needs, acts with their interest in mind, and gains their
trust and engagement.
This job description is a summary of job requirements and duties
and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all areas of
Primary Location:CharlottesvilleTime Type:Full timeJob
Family:Information TechnologyApplicants for positions located in
the U.S. please click here for Federal Labor Law postings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the established policy
of CFA Institute not to discriminate against any individual
employee, group of employees, or prospective employee on the basis
of race, color, national origin, citizenship or immigration status,
religion, creed or belief, age, marital or partnership status,
marital or family status, care giver status, pregnancy and
maternity, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, physical
abilities/qualities, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, pre--disposing genetic characteristic,
military or veteran status, status as a victim or witness of
domestic violence or sex offense or stalking, unemployment
sta--tus, infectious disease carrier status, migrant worker status,
educational background, socio-economic status, geographic location
and culture or any other basis protected by applicable law. This
policy impacts all aspects of employment, including but not limited
to, recruitment, training, development, promotion, demotion, and
dismissal. This is a global policy that applies to all CFA
Institute employees, regardless of location.
Our application is not compatible with Internet Explorer (IE). We
recommend using a different browser.
Keywords: CFA Institute, Charlottesville , Senior Developer-2, IT / Software / Systems , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!