Posted on: May 3, 2021
Description Job Description:At Leidos, everything we do is built
on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our
employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and
culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to
make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through
information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust
benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching
401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision
coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance;
tuition reimbursement and more. The Defense Group of Leidos has an
opening for an Associate Product Owner supporting the C4ISR
Solutions Operation in one of our state of the art Software
Factories in Charlottesville, VA or Morgantown, WV. The candidate
will support and guide the definition, implementation, and delivery
of programs focused on modernizing a variety of software systems.
The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide
oversight, guidance, management support, and other related duties
in one or more phases of software systems development, system
integration, or system sustainment.Primary ResponsibilitiesThe
Associate Project Owner is accountable for managing the product
backlog for software projects and, in that capacity must perform
the following activities:
- Translate often confusing, incomplete, or contradictory
requirements into a clear, concise, and consolidated product
- Clearly define and prioritize product backlog items, including
establishing acceptance criteria in close collaboration with
external and internal project stakeholders.
- Ensure the product backlog is visible and transparent so
stakeholders can easily understand what the project team is
developing now and will develop in the future.
- Communicate with the development team(s) to ensure a consistent
and unambiguous understanding of all items in the product backlog
so that implementation meets the intent of each requirement.
- Assist in system architecting, trade-off analyses, development
of detailed design artifacts, defining the project's test and
delivery strategy, and supporting the project manager.
- Draft and maintain the necessary engineering plans, processes,
and procedures to communicate engineering processes with internal
and external program stakeholders.Basic Qualifications
- Recent Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer
Science, Management, or relevant field with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a
- Familiarity with Agile software management and continuous
integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience with system requirements management, including
requirements gathering and decomposition.
- Experience with high-level software system design and
development of design artifacts.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the
ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while
possessing the communication skills to work collaboratively with
software development teams and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret security clearance (US
- Familiarity with Agile software management tools such as Jira,
Confluence, and Bitbucket.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deliveryExternal
Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level
Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition
Category:CollegeJob Family:Systems EngineeringPay Range: - provided
Keywords: Leidos, Charlottesville , Product Owner, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!