A postdoctoral research associate position is available in the
research group of Dr. Negin Alemazkoor in the Department of System
Engineering and Environment at the University of Virginia.
In this role, the successful candidate will perform
interdisciplinary research in the areas of smart cities and
resilient infrastructure systems by applying uncertainty
quantification (UQ) methods andmachine learning (ML)
- Conducting innovative research on foundational or applied data
- Applying data science capabilities to scientific and
engineering applications relevant to smart cities and resilient
- Publishing peer-reviewed articles reputed top journals in the
- Contributing to development of open-source software.
- Ph.D. in civil engineering, computer science, applied
mathematics, or a closely related field by the start date;
- Proven track record of research publications;
- Experience in scientific computing and algorithm/software
- Experience in machine learning and data science;
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal
- Experience in Python, MATLAB, R, or C++;
- Ability to work with large datasets;
- Experience in performing interdisciplinary research.
Apply online at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and
attach a curriculum vitae, cover letter, 1-2 peer-reviewed
publications related to this position, and contact information for
Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the CV
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin
onJanuary 15, 2021 and the posting will remain open until filled.
Candidates from underrepresented groups in STEM are strongly
encouraged to apply. Preferred start dates are betweenFebruary 15
and March 15, but later start date may also be possible.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires
prior to employment.
This is a one-year appointment that may be renewed for up to two
additional one-year terms, contingent upon available funding and
For questions regarding this position, please contact Dr. Negin
Alemazkoor, Assistant Professor, at email@example.com.
For questions regarding the application process, contact Rich
Haverstrom, Faculty Search Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the benefits available to postdoctoral
associates at UVA, visit postdoc.virginia.edu and
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health
System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine
and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health
Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the
diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is
excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives
and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative
action employers. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national
or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and
family medical or genetic information.