Coordinates and maintains the administrative support functions
within the Language Services Department.Directs interpreters day
and schedules assignments as required. Responsible for process
modeling computer programming and database design. Manages volume
and usage data tracks spending and maintains the department
budget.Performs a variety of administrative functions for one or
more Medical Center professionals.Work often requires detailed
knowledge of areas and the application and interpretation of
organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops work policies and procedures to ensure efficient
- Directs the daily work of all UVA Medical Center contract and
- Coordinates all logistics of all Limited English Proficient
(LEP) patient medical encounters for UVA Medical Center Performs
critical system-wide healthcare support functions for the entire
UVA Medical Center.
- Develops maintains and modifies computer programs used in the
- Develops designs and maintains databases used in the
- Performs data support functions. Maintains departmental
- Provides front line support for user systems.
- Manages and supports the functioning of the telephonic
interpreter network for the entire UVA Health System. Contributes
to and assists with the professional development of others.
- Develops and implements effective and professional internal
practices and procedures.
- Performs area-specific support activities.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may
Position Compensation Range: $15.37 - $23.82 Hourly
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent, College
Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience.
Licensure: May require a valid Virginia Drivers License and
driving. Proficient communicative auditory and visual skills;
Attention to detail and ability to write legibly
Ability to lift/push/pull 50 - 100lbs.
May be exposed to fumes, vibrations, heat, dust, noise,
radiation and outdoor climate.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health
System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine
and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health
Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the
diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is
excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives
and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative
action employers. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national
or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and
family medical or genetic information.