Intake Coordinator- Infusion Pharmacy
Company: Amerita, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
is a leading provider in home Infusion therapy. We are looking for
an Intake Coordinator to join our Intake team as we grow to be
one of the top home infusion providers in the country. The Intake
Coordinator will report to the General Manager and work
in our Waynesboro, Virginia branch.
Amerita is an
entrepreneurial-founded company and a wholly owned subsidiary of
PharMerica. The home infusion market is positioned for rapid growth
driven by the aging population, increase in chronic diseases,
robust pipeline of infusible drugs coming to market, and an
industry shift from hospital delivery settings to lower-cost,
high-quality alternative providers such as Amerita.
As a core
member of the Intake team, you will have primary responsiblity
for the timely clearance of new referrals. We will help you achieve
your goals through continuous professional development and regular
career progression discussions.
location is scheduled to relocate to Charlottesville in the next 6
As an Intake Coordinator, you will...
- Take Infusion Therapy referrals from referral sources.
- Ensure that all intake forms are complete, clear and within
Amerita's scope of service.
- Obtain authorizations and re-authorizations as required by
- Enter patient demographic, insurance and authorization
information into the computer system.
- Communicate with other departments regarding the status of
- Notify patients/families regarding coverage and payment
- Understand which insurance companies have active contracts with
- Ensure that insurance verification is completed and
authorization is in place prior to giving the referral to a
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and proprietary
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required;
Associate's Degree or some college preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of experience collecting referral
information in the healthcare market
- Experience working with all payer types, including
Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance companies
- Knowledge of insurance verification and pre-certification
- Understands the scope of services that Amerita can
- Strong verbal and written communication
Keywords: Amerita, Inc., Charlottesville , Intake Coordinator- Infusion Pharmacy, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!