Software Development Project Manager
Posted on: May 3, 2021
For over four decades, the higher education experts at Jenzabar
have been helping colleges and universities across the world thrive
through multiple services. The Jenzabar culture is one that fosters
an entrepreneurial environment, where employees are encouraged to
be creative, work hard, and have a great time while doing so. We
believe in open doors, asking tough questions, respecting each
other, and surpassing our clients' expectations every step of the
way. It's an enjoyable place to be, with casual dress and a relaxed
Created out of a passion for education and a vision for
technology, we believe all lives are worthy and capable of
greatness and are blessed with masterpieces within. Jenzabar's
mission is to explore, build, and invest in innovative and
disruptive technologies and services to empower and transform
higher education for all to achieve greatness personally, at home,
at work, and in the world.
Work closely with the Director of Product Development, Product
Managers and Scrum Masters for each development and product team,
to help define project objectives and obtain the scope of work from
each member of the project team for each phase of the project.
Identify and implement project processes and workflows and lead
multiple small and large software application development projects
from conceptualization to launch, delivering those projects on time
and on budget. Facilitate and lead where appropriate, planning
meetings, reviews, retrospectives, technical architecture
discussions, and systems design discussions. Be familiar with every
aspect of the project, including all short and long-term goals, and
the entire project calendar.
- Collaborate with the Product Managers and Scrum Masters of the
various product teams to create and implement project plans in
accordance with business requirements and manage day-to-day
operational aspects of the project plan and scope.
- Monitor and update the project plan daily, including
deliverables, dependencies, assignments and outcomes to ensure
project deliverables stay on time and on target.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects throughout their full
lifecycle, from business analysis through project start up,
execution, completion and wrap-up.
- Work with the Director of Product Development for approval on
proposed scope and prioritization changes and to better understand
the cost and budget of each project.
- Continuously keep the project teams informed as to the
project's purpose, background, scope, requirements, and important
- Prepare project reports for the Director of Product Development
providing updates on activities and deliverables, project risks,
critical paths, as well as significant changes and risks
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential
crises, and devise contingency plans, including managing risk
mitigation strategies working with Director of Product Development
and project teams.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations
report to identify successful and unsuccessful project
- Follow development process and project management best
practices, and drive their continuous improvement while being
flexible to customize project management processes, tools, and
templates as required for each individual project.
- Help to coordinate and mediate regular stand up meetings,
grooming meetings, and sprint planning meetings.
- On projects which are not completely routine, will be fully
capable of the creation or adaptation of a wide range of technical
and/or management procedures while still adhering to the principles
of good Agile practice.
- Facilitate and lead where appropriate, planning meetings,
reviews, retrospectives, technical architecture discussions, and
systems design discussions.
- Assist with department R&D tax credit reporting, including
tracking department time and associated projects
- Identify and propose project process changes to management for
consideration and implement proposed changes as approved by
- Document and publish all project and workflow departmental
Preferred Skills & Experiences
- Scrum Master experience for at least two years for a software
development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles,
practices, and theory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management
- Project Management certification. PMI-ACP certification or
Certified SCRUM Master is a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft's Azure DevOps.
- Experience with SharePoint and Aha! is a plus.
- Experience writing SQL queries for project reporting is a
- Ability to work within the resource and budget confines of the
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term
Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational
Jenzabar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, gender
identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions,
genetics, genetic markers and carrier status, creed, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition,
marital status, sexual orientation, military service, veteran
status, or any other status protected by state and federal
Please Note: Jenzabar does not sponsor applicants for work
Keywords: Jenzabar, Charlottesville , Software Development Project Manager, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!