Company: Commonwealth Computer Research, Inc. (CCRi)
Posted on: May 6, 2021
At CCRi, our clients look to us to solve their hardest problems,
and we have a long history of exceeding their expectations. With
clients in both the private sector and the US government, we
provide a variety of advanced analytical techniques, and we render
our solutions in software that our clients can apply
We are currently not hiring for this position but will update this
position's details when we are.
You'll help create machine learning analytics that will be
integrated into streaming data processing pipelines and appealing
user interfaces that provide real-time situational awareness and
expose advanced analytics to end users. As a data scientist, your
technical responsibilities will include design, research, and
development. You will also be expected to contribute to the data
science culture and ecosystem at CCRi through opportunities like
design reviews and shared learning opportunities.
Who You Are
- Curious You enjoy peeling apart a problem and examining the
interrelationships between data and how they can be used to form a
- Creative You try new approaches to solving problems, looking
for ways to apply techniques across domains and in new
- Practical You explore theories with an eye to their real world
applications and their potential for improving performance for
- Collaborative You work well on a team and can explain your work
to your peers and source ideas and improvements from them.
- Determined You enjoy the challenge of finding solutions to
difficult problems, testing them to discover what is successful and
what should be optimized further, to develop industry-leading
tools. You learn from failure and trying again.
- Organized You know how to keep track of both high-level goals
and the tasks required to meet those goals. You take personal
ownership of your team's success.
Our Data Scientists have some combination of the following
- Understanding of structure and theory of common machine
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries for
implementation (sklearn, weka, tensorflow, torch, ---)
- Proficiency in one or more of Python, Scala, Java, R, Julia,
- Ability to understand and implement new models from the
- Experience with distributed analytics and processing (Spark,
- Experience with geospatial data and analytics
- US citizenship required
- We DO NOT offer sponsorships or contracting work. This position
is for Charlottesville only.
- Prior Work experience in a related field and/or a working
portfolio that clearly demonstrates your abilities
CCRi is a small engineering firm located in Charlottesville,
Virginia. We develop and deploy novel machine-learning approaches
to real problems at massive scale. Since 1992, we've been stopping
bombs, predicting piracy, and guiding disaster relief.
- Intellectually Challenging Work
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Defined Benefit Retirement
- Very Flexible Vacation Policy
Want to know more? Check out our recruitment video and blog.
The job description above is not intended to be comprehensive list.
Responsibilities, activities, duties, and/or tasks may change or be
assigned at any time.
CCRi is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce because we
know that our differences benefit our employees, our customers, and
our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, status as a an individual with a
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable
legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Commonwealth Computer Research, Inc. (CCRi), Charlottesville , Data Scientist, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!