Assistant Superintendent (Temporary/Contract)
Company: EDF Renewables
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Under the supervision of an on-site Superintendent or Project
Manager, the Temporary/Contract Assistant Superintendent provides
assistance in on-site coordination for all phases of solar,
solar+storage, and EV charging station construction projects. The
Temporary/Contract Assistant Superintendent duties may include
managing and coordinating subcontractors, material, and equipment;
ensuring that specifications, health and safety, and environmental
requirements, laws, and codes, including the National Electrical
Code, and all local and state building codes, are being strictly
followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. At
the direction of a supervisor, the Temporary/Contract Assistant
Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections,
quality control, and Project site safety.
Under the oversight of a Supervisor, the Temporary/Contract
Assistant Superintendent may be tasked to provide assistance with
some or all of the following:
- Schedule and supervise on-site and (as assigned) off-site
subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their
completion of work within time allowed; and assure that all project
work by each subcontractor and all materials supplied by any vendor
fully complies with Project plans, the subcontractor's contracted
scope of work or applicable specifications, applicable laws and
permits, utility requirements, and applicable codes, including the
National Electric Code.
- Ensure safe work practices including OSHA standards, company
safety programs, and policies relative to the installation of these
systems. Enforce safety standards established by the client and the
Company to manage risk and achieve safety and health goals of no
incidents and no lost time due to injury and no property
- Review, interpret, and assure work complies with design
drawings, product literature, interconnection agreements, model
codes, and regulations; communicate deviations from requirements or
plans with the Project team (i.e., Project Manager, Program
Director, VP Engineering and Construction) for resolution prior to
execution of work that deviates from the requirements or approved
- Manage Project to meet or exceed construction industry
practices, processes, and standards.
- Establish and enforce Project site schedule, safety, and
quality control programs to ensure timely and quality completion of
construction without incidents.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions and
utilities, including coordination of construction and
interconnection activities with interconnecting utility.
- Represent the Company as a Project site representative to the
Project stakeholders including client, utility, authorities having
jurisdiction, and community members. Interact with integrity,
always displaying a professional appearance and attitude.
- Maintain daily (written) log of, and regularly communicate to
supervisors, activities on the Project site.
- Walk all Project sites daily (or as assigned) to monitor
activities and assist in future planning.
- Coordinate preconstruction meeting with each
- Coordinate and, as requested by supervisor, lead regular (daily
or weekly) subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the
- Ensure that each Project site is always kept in a clean and
- If requested, assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of
subcontracts; assist in obtaining permits or approval of
- Open Project site at beginning of the day and secure Project
site at the end of the day (or assign qualified individuals to open
and close Project site with supervisor approval).
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma; some college course work
- College degree: desired
- Minimum 2 years of Assistant Superintendent experience
- Solar construction experience preferred, but not required
- Technical construction experience
- Experience as or supporting an electrician preferred
- NABCEP certification desired or ability and willingness to
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Safety Training (OSHA 10-Hour Certification or OSHA 30-Hour
- First Aid/CPR training
- The employee must have the endurance and ability to visit
entire Project site, including standing, walking, climbing,
balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and using or
accessing stairs or other elevated structures.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic
chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The
noise level in the work environment may be loud.
This is a temporary contract position. Viable candidates must be
willing to perform the duties outlined as a contract employee with
one of EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions' partner contract
employment staffing agencies.
This position involves work at a construction site where duties
will be performed both indoors and outdoors, with approximately 5%
of time spent indoors (site trailer) utilizing computers (frequent
use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general
office equipment, and 95% of time spent outside on the Project
site(s). Weekend and holiday work may be required to meet
We seek candidates who live local (less than an hour) to the
Keywords: EDF Renewables, Charlottesville , Assistant Superintendent (Temporary/Contract), Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!