Utility Cleaner - Charlottesville, VA
Company: DynCorp International
Posted on: June 3, 2021
The Utility Cleaner is responsible for the cleanliness of
communal spaces, restrooms, workspaces, and outside areas as
assigned and performs a variety of duties that involve sweeping,
mopping, scrubbing, dusting and polishing of surfaces and floors;
removing trash; re-stocking supplies; and cleaning restrooms.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties
vary by assignment or contract.)
- Mop tile and concrete floor areas and vacuum carpeted
- Sweep, dust, scrub, wax, buff, and strip floors as
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, including but not limited to
urinals, toilets, toilet seats, sinks, mirrors, fixtures, hand
dryers, floors, walls, showers and locker rooms.
- Clean and disinfect breakroom and kitchen tables, sinks,
counters, and refrigerator.
- Empty waste baskets and interior and perimeter garbage cans and
place garbage in outside storage bins.
- Dust furniture, equipment, blinds, and light fixtures.
- Clean mirrors and interior window surfaces and surrounding
- Clean entrances and exits, washing finger marks from glass,
doors, walls and hardware, and keeping outside area clear of
pebbles, snow, cans, paper, etc.
- Clean and disinfect drinking fountains.
- Report damage and acts of vandalism and report and/or perform
minor maintenance repairs.
- Use cleaning equipment, including electric floor buffers,
commercial vacuums, wet mops, large wringers and other necessary
equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Refill hand soap and paper towel dispensers and re-stock toilet
paper as needed.
- Mix and use cleaning chemicals and products in accordance with
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and
orderly manner and an adequate supply is maintained.
- Move and/or relocate furniture.
- Comply with all established general and industrial safety rules
and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products
- Knowledge of the Hazardous Materials Information System.
- Ability to read and understand instructions and labels,
particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and
- Ability to successfully complete assigned occupational
- Ability to work under little supervision.
Experience & Education
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
- Eligibility for TS/SCI security clearance may be required,
depending on assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work is in an office building environment with controlled
temperature and lighting conditions.
- Must be able to carry, push, pull and lift up to 40
- Must be able to grasp or handle objects, bend elbows and knees,
and reach above shoulders.
- Extensive walking and standing required
- Required to handle hazardous materials.
Keywords: DynCorp International, Charlottesville , Utility Cleaner - Charlottesville, VA, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!