Company: University of Virginia
Posted on: June 4, 2021
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia
School of Medicine, seek applicants for a Finance Associate to join
its administrative team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for reporting &
analysis, purchasing and accounts payable, labor distribution and
budgeting, accounts receivable, and administrative support.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Uses Recon@ to reconcile GM, and runs monthly reports for GL
account reconciliation within 3 days of availability. Verifies that
GL and GM are in sync for each project & award. Reconciles
documentation to monthly GM and GL reports following all of the
prescribed financial and auditing procedures within the mandated
timeframe. Verifies that data entry, coding, and documentation are
correct for each project transaction.
- Requests copies of missing documentation. Investigates and
resolves outstanding transactions that have not paid after 30
- Monitors approver's signature for each project reconciliation
as verification of reconciliation accuracy and completeness, and
sends reminders as needed. Provides training for new faculty as
- Insures that all reports are maintained for audit
- Runs ad hoc reports for budget preparation and analysis.
Ensures deficits do not occur by checking funding
- Monitor suspense accounts each month, and take action as
Purchasing & Accounts Payable:
- Coordinates major purchases for the department including
obtaining vendor quotes, selection, and completion of purchase
- Assures that all goods ordered have been received in good
condition upon receipt of signed receiving report. Matches invoices
to purchase orders and receivers from encumbrance files.
Investigates discrepancies by contacting the requestor, vendor,
Procurement and other UVA departments as needed.
- Completes cost transfers as needed. Runs problem reports and
resolves outstanding items.
- Reviews, balances, and codes expenses on payment vouchers,
LPOs, travel reimbursements and purchase orders. Assigns the most
appropriate expenditure type for each transaction with the correct
Project, Task, and Award to minimize cost transfers. Keys
departmental payment vouchers into Oracle.
- Verifies direct billings from other UVA departments. Requests
credit for charges identified as non-departmental.
- Educates staff on UVA and UPG policies and procedures, serving
as the department's subject matter expert on purchasing and
- Monitors fellow, resident & faculty travel to ensure expenses
do not exceed travel allotment, and provides ad hoc reports as
Labor Distribution & Budgeting:
- Forecasts overtime and straight time payments and runs reports
to reconcile payments in GM.
- Edits LD schedules, and completes LD adjustments as
- Assists with HR budget for assigned projects each year.
Accounts Receivable & Administrative Support:
- Prepares deposits for UVA and UPG. Updates check-log
- Assists in writing, maintaining, and disseminating policy and
- Coordinates record destruction and surplus.
- Backs up billing for internal rate card used for clinical
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or related field is
Experience: One to four years of experience in detail oriented
financial work, general accounting, reconciliation, and purchasing
is preferred. Prior experience with fund accounting and grant
management is also preferred.
- Working knowledge of fiscal operations
- Ability to analyze, and present information
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Anticipated Hiring Range: Commensurate with candidates
experience and qualifications, with UVA benefits.
For questions about the position or the application process,
please contact Margaret Weeks, Academic Recruiter.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "Finance
Associate". Complete an application online and attach a cover
letter and a CV/resume all into the resume submission field,
multiple documents can be submitted in this one field. Internal
applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile. Incomplete
applications will not be considered.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System
which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and
Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences
Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our
faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing
itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political
affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic
Keywords: University of Virginia, Charlottesville , Finance Associate, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!