Sign-on bonus is available for all Clinical Lab Scientists!
$5,000 for Clinical Lab Scientist 2 hires
$2,500 for Clinical Lab Scientist 1 hires
- Must work a 40 hour/week full-time schedule
- Must work a specified shift (days, evenings, or nights; weekend
rotation if required by unit)
- 24 month committment with pro-rated repayment for early
- Half in your first paycheck
- Half after six months of employment
Responsible for performing complex procedures for clinical
diagnostic purposes. Serves as a trainer and a role model.
- Performs Patient and Quality Control (QC) testing, develops
skills and maintains competency in routine and assigned laboratory
- Maintains proper inventories and correctly uses supplies and
- Performs advanced equipment trouble-shooting and equipment
- Ensures a smooth transition to the next shift.
- Participates in quality safety and compliance programs.
- Investigates documents and resolves problems or
- Serves as trainer and role model for Clinical Laboratory
Scientist 1 staff and health care professional students.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical
Ladder. The salary range reflected below is for a Clinical Lab
Position Compensation Range: $23.76 - $38.02 Hourly
Education: Bachelor's Degree with completion of a NAACLS
approved MLS/CLS program; Bachelor's in Biology/Chemistry or
related science; Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
from a NAACLS approved MLT program
Experience: Bachelor's Degree with completion of a NAACLS
approved MLS/CLS program - 0 years; Master's/PhD in
Biology/Chemistry or related science - 0 years; Bachelor's in
Biology/Chemistry or related science - 3 years; Associate Degree in
Medical Laboratory Technology from a NAACLS approved MLT program -
Licensure: ASCP or equivalent certification within 24 months of
Job requires standing, sitting for prolonged periods, frequently
walking, bending/stooping, reaching and repetitive motion.
Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to
detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 -
50lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, radiation, blood/body
fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System
which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and
Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences
Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our
faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing
itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political
affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic