Company: The Paramount Theater of Charlottesville, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The nonprofit Paramount Theater, Charlottesville’s premier
performing arts venue, located on the historic downtown mall, is
now accepting applications for the position of Finance Assistant.
The successful candidate will ensure that the Theater’s mission and
annual goals are met by providing effective day to day financial
and administrative support. Reporting to the Director of Finance,
the candidate will help secure the financial state of the
organization as sound, well documented, and properly reported. The
candidate will possess exceptional organizational skills and
excellent attention to detail, be a strong communicator, and able
to manage multiple priorities.
Join the fun, fast-paced, and goal-oriented team at The
Paramount Theater! This full time position includes 5-star benefits
and salary based on ability, education, and experience. To learn
more about The Paramount, please visit our website. Please, no
phone calls or recruiters. The Paramount is an Equal Opportunity
Duties Will Include:
- Perform financial reconciliations for all events.
- Prepare weekly and monthly summary event reconciliation
- Cash handling and administrative support for concessions
- Record Box Office transactions in Quickbooks after each
- Generate invoices for rentals, sponsorships, and pledges
- Provide data entry support for the Director of Finance,
including: purchase orders, vendor bills, check requests, and
credit card receipts.
- Accurate allocation of expenses to proper accounts and
- Ensure proper approval and documentation of all expenditures,
and maintain and file expenditure records according to company
- Enter all deposits into QuickBooks on a daily basis.
- Conduct weekly check runs and ensure timely payment of all
- Serve as liaison to vendors and resolve any billing inquiries
in a timely fashion.
- Maintain complete and accurate vendor files; support annual
preparation of 1099s.
- Assist the Director of Finance with month-end and year-end
close by ensuring timely and accurate financial data entry.
- Utilize QuickBooks to provide a variety of financial reports
for all departments..
- Process daily mail and bank deposits in accordance with company
- Administer petty cash.
- Liaise with Front of House staff to ensure that all inventory
items used for company meetings are properly recorded.
- Download and review daily bank activity.
- Reconcile credit card activity on a weekly basis. Work with
cardholders to locate missing receipts and resolve
- Reconcile weekly Development contributions report with
- Maintain and track staff PTO requests.
- Manage the office and general areas to remain organized and
clean, and to operate in a professional manner.
- Oversee staff kitchen and stock accordingly.
- Check office supply inventory on a regular basis and order when
- 3+ years of experience as a bookkeeper or staff accountant.
Recent grads with relevant coursework will also be considered.
- Possess a high comfort level with computer technology,
including QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to function independently with minimal
- Team player mentality with a willingness to help other staff
with various tasks.
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
Keywords: The Paramount Theater of Charlottesville, Inc., Charlottesville , Finance Assistant, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!