Patient Services Assistant
Company: University of Virginia
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Performs a variety of routine non-direct patient care clinical
office support and/or distribution functions throughout the Health
- Maintains Patient Safety.
- Transports patients throughout health system and to
- Escorts patients and visitors as needed to and from
perioperative departments. .
- Turnover of patient rooms/bays between patients.
- Equipment maintenance and safety checks are completed according
to policy and procedure.
- Stock supplies.
- Check supplies for expiration dates in department secondary
- Assists in lifting and moving patients after demonstrated
competency in the use of Safe Move Devices.
- May provide donning/doffing coach support when necessary
- Covers the desk role by managing phone calls and assisting with
- Performs administrative support functions when necessary
- Maintains necessary skills and competencies.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may
Position Compensation Range: $13.00 - $19.19 Hourly
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
Experience: No experience required.
Licensure: None required.
Job requires frequently bending/stooping and driving (Home
Health Aide only). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual
skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability
to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs and > 100lbs (Home Health Aide
only). May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System
which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and
Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences
Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our
faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing
itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political
affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic
Keywords: University of Virginia, Charlottesville , Patient Services Assistant, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!