Company: University of Virginia
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Office Manager is responsible for the overall supervision
and the operations of free-standing clinics and provider based
clinics on behalf of the University of Virginia Physicians Group
(UPG). The incumbent is responsible for directing, supervising and
coordinating activities of clinical, administrative and supervisory
staff to ensure provision of quality and cost-effective care.
Implementation of various delivery models, and new and expanded
service lines. Responsible for management of network initiatives to
include maximizing patient access, meeting of quality metrics,
superior customer experience, optimizing revenue cycle, and
supporting population health management. Incumbent will work
closely with the CPG Regional Manager, CPG Clinical Manager,
Billing Manager, CPG Pod Manager, UVA Credentialing and other
applicable units of UPG.
- Responsible for recruitment, and onboarding and supervisor of
- Cover for staff when needed and if licensed for clinical
- Implement staffing models to support practice needs including
Care Team, Team Care, Walk-in, etc.
- Manage WorkDay processes to include staff recruitment, payroll,
termination, and performance evaluation management.
- Create work schedules, manage leave request and call rotation
for staff and providers
- Address performance and employee relations issues through the
standard performance management process
- In collaboration with CPG Regional Managers evaluate and make
recommendations of compensation to include salary and bonus pay for
- Manage patient experience to include patient concerns related
to CGCAPS survey results and Patient Relations reporting. Determine
areas needing improvement and modify clinic processes.
- Monitor and provide information to HR for Provider and Staff
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings to keep office
staff and providers updated on clinic activities and network
- Establish high functioning relationships with staff and
providers that fosters support of the organization's mission,
vision, financial and strategic plan and promotes team
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies that govern health
care delivery and accreditation and ensure clinic standards of
quality patient care. Monitor operations, programs, policies and
physical properties to ensure regulatory compliance (OSHA, CLIA,
COLA, JCAHO, HIPAA, etc.).
- Oversight of clinical staff charge capture and documentation in
- Oversight of administrative EMR work queues associated with
- Process vendor invoices for Accounts Payable process and
process check requests
- Respond to revenue cycle inquiries
- Work with Providers to maximize patient access to optimize
appointment schedule templates, update and revise
- Participate in preparation of yearly budget, monitor budget
variances and eliminate or reduce cost
- Responsible for practice integration within the community
through effective communication to ensure strong public relations
and marketing programs.
- Manage petty cash and monthly reconciliation
- Prepare and ensure timely bank deposits
- Manage practice facility maintenance to include office
improvements and renovations
- Ensure application and adherence of team members to office
policies and procedures
- Maintain patient records and practice documents according to
record retention guidelines.
- Liaison between office, other health care and community
- Attend meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
3 years related experience in health care industry, or 1 year
Knowledge and skills:
Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding.
In-depth knowledge of third-party payer reimbursement policies
Basic knowledge of and experience utilizing a personal
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of
desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some
distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System
which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and
Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences
Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our
faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing
itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political
affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic
Keywords: University of Virginia, Charlottesville , Office Manager, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!