Desktop Support Technician
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently
Clearance Level Must Be Able to
No Suitability Required
GDIT TSS is looking for a Help Desk Technician to provide
executive "white glove" concierge support to GD CHQ. You will
- Provide new services and troubleshooting and restoring existing
- Perform on-site and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution
of desktop problems for users, and recommend and implement
- Provide after support Install, configure, test, maintain,
monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral
devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment,
software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on
various platforms and operating systems.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated
end-user workstation network software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or work
orders regarding desktop problems.
- Ensure that desktop connection, i.e. network jacks are in
proper working order.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop
performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- If necessary, liaise with vendor and third-party support
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience and 3+ years of
- In depth knowledge and troubleshooting experience with Windows
10 client hardware and software, and Apple mobile devices
- Hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating
systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural
documentation and guides.
- MUST BE US CITIZEN PER PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and
products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Charlottesville
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Charlottesville , Desktop Support Technician, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!