At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That's right. Love. Every
day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to
creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days
for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future
of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh
eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to
operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than
ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and
doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company
that's proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you
think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If
you answered "yes," then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work
visa for this position.
MILITARY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The Dominion Energy Military Fellowship Program is a corporate
internship which aligns with the Department of Defense SkillBridge
program. SkillBridge authorization allows eligible servicemembers
with command approval to participate in corporate internships as
their place of duty up to 180 days prior to separation.
To enroll in a corporate internship while still on active duty,
the servicemember must be able to meet eligibility compliance, and
receive command approval. Once an internship offer has been
extended, the servicemember may proceed in routing a completed
program application for command awareness and approval. The
internship cannot commence until you are 180 days or less from your
separation date (i.e., EAOS, EAS).
- Have met all instructional criteria outlined in DODI 1322.29,
and relevant Service instructions
- Obtain command approval to participate (i.e., signature
required on Intern Application)
- Provide final notification of command approval to the
Dominion Energy has one (1) Military Fellowship position for an
Electric Distribution Program Manager - Grid Resiliency. This work
experience may be up to 12 weeks in duration as agreed upon by the
selected Service member and approved by their military command.
Work Location: The selected Military Fellow candidate for this
position may work out of either of the following Dominion Energy
locations DURING the military fellowship: Charlottesville, VA;
Herndon, VA; Norfolk, VA; or Richmond, VA. If select to join
Dominion Energy as a full-time employee following the successful
completion of the military fellowship, the work location options
will be Charlottesville or Herndon, VA based on the service
territory for which this person will be responsible. Relocation
assistance will not be offered if selected for a full-time
This position is responsible for managing regional
implementation of Electric Distribution Grid Resiliency programs.
Grid Resiliency programs include rebuilding electric distribution
power lines to better withstand weather events and other external
disruptions. As a program manager, this position will play a key
role in the program, functioning at both the strategic and tactical
level, and will be critical in successful implementation of
- Provide overall process direction and oversight
- Ensure that the plan is implemented effectively
- Proactively provide timely, accurate and complete communication
to process stakeholders, including scope, milestones, status,
change management, issues, risks (manage expectations)
- Communicate with external customers, through project update
letters and community meetings
- Identify, assess, and mitigate process risks; identify and
implement corrective actions
- Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation of program
- Review and approve exception requests
- Review technical requests for scope changes
- Gatekeeper for project release stages
- Review and approve projects in Work Management System
- Be responsible for overall program budget
- Serves as the primary liaison on programmatic matters in
communicating and negotiating with partners
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCES
The knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience required for
entry into this job include the following:
- Must have a military rank of E-5 or higher plus appropriate
equivalent combination of education and years of experience as
- Minimum of 7+ years of related work experience in project or
program management (Note: A partial year of related work experience
of 6 months or greater will be considered one year towards the
- Preferred related experience should include engineering,
design, or program management in electrical, construction,
utilities, or other related technical fields.
- Preferred related experience may include experience with field
assessments of engineering design projects, work management systems
and overseeing teams or crews.
- Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of
management and staff.
- Ability to represent the project and the company in public
- Strong leadership, organizational, resolution management, and
team building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Ability to identify and assess risks and opportunities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
EDUCATION (Minimum Requirements)
A Bachelor degree is preferred, or an equivalent combination of
education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in
lieu of preferred level of education.
Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business, Business
Administration or related majors may be preferred. Other education
disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s).
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Travel Up to 25%
Work schedules are to be determined by the hiring leader in
agreement with the fellow.
- Schedules should align with departments regular work
schedule(s) and may include flex schedules.
- Work hours should not exceed 40 hours per week or 80 hours per
- Military fellows should not work overtime hours unless
previously arranged for developmental or special business
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to
information and technology subject to export controls under U.S.
law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion
Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees
are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
package which may include: health benefits with coverage for
families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid
holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about
our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their protected
veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company - it's the
difference between taking a job and starting a career.