IT Support Technician
Company: PRA Health Sciences
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Do you want to watch clinical development change, or do you want
to be the one to shape it?
Because we're hoping you're here for the latter.
Who are we?
We Are PRA.
We are 20,000+ employees strong, operating in more than 90+
countries. We are committed to saving lives and we are constantly
striving to be the best at what we do. Our impact is real and we
see it every single day. We help get life-saving drugs into the
hands of those who need them most.
The IT Support Technician is responsible for first- and/or
second-level user system support. Duties include user account
management, installing and maintaining PC hardware, PC operating
systems, peripheral devices, shrink-wrap and custom software.
- Work in a Global Team environment to support users, including
user account management, installing and maintaining PC hardware and
software, and providing 24x7 systems support.
- Applies understanding of company's general business functions
and systems to determine impact of system changes to the business
and vice versa
- Communicates with system users in business terms
- Ensures that work complies with PRA's Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs), systems development life cycle methodology,
policies, standards and procedures
- Handles on-call responsibilities for production systems,
requiring working knowledge of hardware, operating systems, and
- Installs and maintains PC hardware and software to ensure use
of standard configurations among locations
- Coordinates repairs with vendors
- Maintains equipment inventories. Controls inventory movement at
the end of equipment lease or warranty
- Provides system administration for the PRA Helpdesk system.
Develops and maintains knowledge base information. Provides
solutions for reported problems.
- Provides 7x24 system support
- Provides guidance and mentoring in area(s) of technical
- Researches, analyzes and implements patches and upgrades to fix
operating system problems or vulnerabilities
- Evaluates new products and services
- Participates in the development and implementation of trouble
handling procedures to minimize service outages and ensure
appropriate communication to the end users. Works to constantly
improve customer service.
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- 4+ years' experience executing in a similar role preferred
- An undergraduate degree or its international equivalent in
Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering,
Management Information Systems or related area OR equivalent work
- Work experience in Systems in a business environment may be
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in
the United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Ability to maintain superior customer service while juggling
multiple tasks and projects, including executive support.
- Ability to support large face-to-face and online meetings with
platforms such as WebEx, WebEx Event Center, ON24, and/or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
good documentation process.
- Reads, writes and speaks fluent English; fluent in host country
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 365, Teams and other Microsoft suite of
- Troubleshooting experience in a remote, fluid and fast moving
- Mobile Device Management Experience
- PowerShell Experience
- Professional certifications (preferred) in one or more of the
following areas: MCSE, MCP, MCSA, CompTIA Network+, Cisco
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing
opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with
Keywords: PRA Health Sciences, Charlottesville , IT Support Technician, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!