IT Infrastructure Manager
Company: University of Virginia
Posted on: June 8, 2021
UVA School of Engineering and Applied Science is seeking an IT
Infrastructure Manager to join our team. The Infrastructure Manager
will direct and contribute to the strategic planning process
(including both short- and long-term initiatives,) that establish
the school's information technology strategic direction while
supporting the University's mission.
Applicants should have a deep understanding of procurement in
the IT industry, specializing in buying equipment and software.
Additionally, the IT Manager will need a solid understanding of
service contracts to be able to manage the 200+ existing contracts
under their purview.
Additional duties to include:
- Provide strategic and operational direction for designing,
planning, implementing, and maintaining IT resources across the
School of Engineering.
- Create opportunities for technology professionals from various
disciplines to communicate and collaborate on initiatives to
develop a more institutionalized framework for provisioning
technology and technology-related services.
- Manage the Engineering School's Desktop Refresh Plan.
- Facilitate and execute an AV Refresh Plan.
- Successfully manage IT Software Titles Catalog.
- Prepare and administer technology budgets, approving
expenditures to ensure proper accounting practices are adhered
- Maintain and update internal asset inventory database.
- Manage the IT asset maintenance program within the school.
- Support innovation and organizational change to improve
- Participate in negotiating budgets at the departmental and/or
organizational level and manage budgets across units.
- Identify and facilitate strategic partnerships between the IT
function and various groups within the University to ensure
quality, consistency, service, utilization, or availability of IT
resources across the school and University.
- Review and evaluate recommendations for project feasibility
assessments, cost/benefit calculations, risk factors or situations,
and authorizes technology-related projects, including purchases,
implementation plans, and strategies.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may
- High school diploma (Bachelor's degree highly preferred) and at
least 3 years of relevant experience that must include experience
- Some experience with software development, management, and/or
systems implementation; as well as hardware exposure, is
Anticipated Hiring Range: $85,000 - $100,000 depending upon
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply through Workday, and search
for "R0023491". Complete an application online and attach a
CV/resume; cover letter is optional. Internal applicants must apply
through their UVA Workday profile by searching "Find Jobs" in the
top search bar. This position will not sponsor applicants for work
visas. The University will perform background checks on all new
hires prior to employment. This position will also require an
Education Verification. (FSAKA). Questions on the position or
application process should be directed to Lauren Jackson, IT
Recruiter at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System
which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and
Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences
Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our
faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing
itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political
affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic
Keywords: University of Virginia, Charlottesville , IT Infrastructure Manager, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!