Associate Director, Editorial
Company: University of Virginia
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business, one of the
world's leading business schools, seeks a talented professional to
join its communications and marketing team.
The Associate Director, Editorial will extend Darden's
reputation as one of the world's leading business schools by
supporting and telling the Darden story. A strong writer and
editor, the role will identify and develop content across the
School and network that expresses its mission to improve the world
by inspiring responsible leaders through transformational learning
The successful candidate will assisting in managing Darden's
strategic communications plan and will write, edit and distribute
news stories and external and internal communications, ensuring
that top-quality content is distributed across communication
mediums. A team player with interest in the topics of business and
higher education, the successful candidate will have the vision,
talent and energy to build on Darden's legacy of excellence.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Communication & Marketing team directors to
develop and execute a vision for communication and
marketing-related content and to ensure maximum, global impact for
content from the Darden School.
- Sources and reports the key stories from Darden that have the
potential for the greatest interest and impact. Mines and lifts
newsworthy information from faculty, staff, students, the three
formats of the MBA programs (full-time MBA, Executive MBA and
Global Executive MBA), the Master of Science in Business Analytics,
Executive Education (custom and open-enrollment programs) and the
School's 10 research centers.
- Profiles alumni and donors of the Darden network.
- Leverages exceptional writing and editing skills, creativity
and a keen ability to identify newsworthy topics to develop or
assign content, as appropriate, for: news releases, media events,
the website, fundraising, social media, publications, executive
presentations (including speechwriting).
- Serves as copy editor of key publications, such as The Darden
Report alumni magazine, The Investors Report and Pillars: The Power
of Philanthropy at the Darden School of Business.
- Assists with executive speechwriting and internal
- Writes and edits assigned stories.
- Manages relevant sections of the website, uploading new and
Professional experience and education:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or English or related field -
advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of journalism or corporate communications
- Business acumen, and experience covering the field of business,
- Skilled at managing projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building
relationships with a broad and diverse array of internal and
- Exceptional, demonstrated writing, editing and proofreading
skills, and a keen ability to identify high-impact topics.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Superior oral communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail- and results-orientation.
- Exercises initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making
to achieve organizational objectives.
- Able to communicate clearly and accurately about complex and/or
sensitive issues and to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated digital communication skills: social media
platforms, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, graphics and
- Knowledge of business issues and current affairs.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Occasional evening or weekend work and travel will be
Salary competitive with experience.
This position will remain open until filled . This is an Exempt
level, benefited position. The University will perform background
checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will
also require insert any additional checks. For questions about the
position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran,
Senior Recruiter at email@example.com.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "Associate
Director, Editorial". Complete an application online and attach a
cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field,
multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal
applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System
which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and
Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences
Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our
faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing
itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political
affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic
Keywords: University of Virginia, Charlottesville , Associate Director, Editorial, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!