Refrigeration Technician - Up to $10k sign on bonus.
Company: CoolSys Inc
Posted on: September 8, 2021
CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating
businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service
experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial
refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated
employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We
invite you to be part of that growth!
Richmond Refrigeration, now part of the CoolSys family has been a
trusted provider of commercial HVAC-R installation and service to
supermarkets, convenience stores, and cold storage facilities for
over 20 years.
We are hiring now!
This position is responsible for installation of refrigeration
systems following customer specifications, applicable building code
and proper piping practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support on construction job by piping cooler boxes and
refrigeration cases, including electrical wiring as required to
complete the project.
- Provides the required installation of pipe hangers as directed
by the foreman.
- Provides construction support by welding and slip hosing copper
pipes, and assists the foreman as needed on the job.
- Provides support by handing cooler box coils and installing new
supermarket refrigeration systems or remodeling existing
supermarket refrigeration systems.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of electrical systems and ability to wire
- Knowledge of carpentry.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems and piping of refrigeration
- Knowledge of plumbing and pipe fittings, and ability to pipe
- Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints on refrigeration,
electrical and plumbing.
- Ability to hang evaporation coils and install overhead
- Ability to use hand and power tools and good mechanical
- Knowledge of jobsite safety, ability to oversee work activities
to ensure safe work practices and safety rule compliance.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES
Pre-employment background screening (criminal, drug screen and
DMV) is required for all positions. CoolSys is an
- High school diploma or GED equivalent work experience and trade
or technical school classes
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry preferred
and hands on field experience in commercial refrigeration,
electrical and/or fixtures construction
- EPA Certification (Type II)
- Experience in copper brazing, market remodeling
- Good driving record.
Our Employment Benefits includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Credit Union
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Technical Training Programs
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as
post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for
all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state
law, or local ordinance. CoolSys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: CoolSys Inc, Charlottesville , Refrigeration Technician - Up to $10k sign on bonus., Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!