Software Engineer Lead – Health Growth Solutions
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US
economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value
to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a
highly dynamic marketplace. Our software engineers are at the
forefront of defining and building solutions to address those
challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams
that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has immediate
openings for software engineers to help us shape, develop, and
deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art
technologies to our government customers and launch new and
innovative products into the commercial healthcare
As the leader of an Agile Team, you’ll architect, design, build,
and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers
worldwide. You’ll direct major deliverables of projects through all
aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and
work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
Additionally, you’ll determine and recommend the best designs based
on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource
constraints. You’ll mentor other software engineers and share your
knowledge with the team and the organization to make us all better
at what we do. You’ll lead spikes and develop prototypes to help
test product concepts and achieve customer validation. You’ll
contribute to the team’s objectives by leading Kanban or sprint
planning, daily scrums, product reviews, and retrospectives.
You’ll always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive
criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire
team’s performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working
within broadly defined parameters.
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application,
and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical
design and approach for new product development.
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well
defined but always considers the customer first.
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working
collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with
2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or
- Experience serving as a technical lead.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous
integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Solid understanding of software development process
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming
languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a
multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Experience working with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML,
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure,
- Experience working with a version control system (e.g.,
- Experience working with CI/CD processes and tools
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform,
- Experience working with Containerized applications and
orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies
- Experience working with Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX,
Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Experience working with at least one Relational Database
Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server,
- Experience working with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience working with Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry
(LEAF) a plus
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Charlottesville , Software Engineer Lead – Health Growth Solutions, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!