Hospice Nurse Practitioner PRN
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Caregiving is Our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP) for Amedisys, you will work
autonomously but in collaboration with physicians to deliver
primary medical care for adult hospice patients. You will provide
advanced practice nursing services through palliation and
management of the terminal condition, and develop treatment plans
for patients at home and possible other settings which may include:
general inpatient units, hospitals, assisted living, independent
living, senior housing, and skilled nursing facilities.
- Communicate significant findings, problems, changes in
condition or environment to the clinical manager/attending
physician and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Complete face to face encounters and assesses the following:
disease related changes, decline in function, adherence and
effectiveness of pain and symptom regimen, the patient and family
coping mechanisms and quality of life.
- Order and review appropriate lab, x-rays, EKG's and other
diagnostic procedures for palliation and treatment of the terminal
disease as dictated by the patient's condition and documents the
treatment plan accordingly and reviews results with collaborating
- Make referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary team conferences
- Current and unencumbered license as a Nurse Practitioner in the
state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Nurse Practitioner or
minimum of one (1) year experience as a hospice Registered Nurse in
last three (3) years.
- Must meet the training, education and experience requirements
to be authorized to practice as a nurse practitioner in the state
where services are provided including, without limitation, being
certified as a Nurse Practitioner by a recognized national
certifying body that has established standards for nurse
- Must have the authority to practice as a nurse practitioner in
the state where services are provided.
- Must have the authority to prescribe as a nurse practitioner in
the state where services are provided.
- Must have obtained Medicare billing privileges as a nurse
- Must meet physician-nurse practitioner restrictive
collaborative requirements specific to state assigned to work by
the Company and supply a copy of all active collaborating physician
agreements and indicate whether these will be transferable to your
employment with Amedisys.
- Must have insurance required by state law for nurse
practitioners to practice [and prescribe] in the state where
services are provided, or be eligible for such insurance
requirements to be satisfied by group coverage with an
- Knowledge of Medicare reimbursement and coding for all levels
of service - home, office, nursing home, assisted living, etc.,
Medicaid and other regulatory requirements.
- Current CPR certification.
- Familiarity with Electronic Medical Record.
- Knowledge of and experience with caring for the geriatric
- Previous experience in geriatric primary care
- Previous experience and education in palliative care
- National certifications in field of expertise
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national
origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Charlottesville , Hospice Nurse Practitioner PRN, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!