RN Unit Manager
Are you an RN looking for a leadership role? Do you have a
passion for leading and teaching other skilled nursing staff? The
RN Unit Manager provides, plans, coordinates or manages nursing
care and health education for nursing home guests.
The Laurels of Charlottesville offers one of the leading
employee benefit packages in the skilled nursing industry,
including health insurance, 401K with matching funds, paid time off
and holidays. When you work with The Laurels of Charlottesville,
you will join an experienced, hard-working team that values
communication and collaboration.
Why just work when you can help shape a legacy?
- Supervises nursing care provided by Registered Nurses (RN),
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA)
- Reviews and implements all nursing procedures and systems.
- Assesses and evaluates the systems which facilitate the
delivery of quality guest care and performance of staff.
- Uses a systematic approach in the nursing process to provide
individualized nursing care.
- Contributes to the guest assessments (MDS/CAA’s) and the
development and implementation of a plan of care.
- Evaluates guests’ responses to nursing interventions.
- Understands the rational for the use of medications and
treatments and correctly administers as needed.
- Current state nursing licensure required.
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in a
nursing specialty desired.
- Management or supervisor experience in long-term care or
geriatric nursing preferred.
About Laurel Health Care Company
Laurel Health Care Company (The Laurels) is a national provider
of skilled nursing, sub-acute, rehabilitative and assisted living
services dedicated to achieving the highest standards of care.
At The Laurels, caring is more than providing excellent medical
and guest services. It's also being a companion and treating each
guest with the utmost dignity, respect and compassion. It's what we
call "The Laurel Way of Caring", and it comes from within
each one of us.
The Laurels was named a Great Place to Work for 2020 based on
approximately 3,500 employee surveys that evaluated more than 60
elements of employee experience on the job, including employee
pride in community impact, belief that their work makes a
difference, and feeling their work has special meaning.
The Laurels of Charlottesville has been, and remains Covid free
thanks to our diligence in screening, adherence to CDC and VDH
guidelines and plenty of Personal Protective Equipment to keep our
The Laurels of Charlottesville is a CMS 4 star facility with 5
star quality measures and has earned a "Great Place to Work"
If this opportunity interests you, please respond to the posting
or reach out to our Director of Nursing, Barbie Wellman at