Full-Time IT Supervisor
Company: City of Charlottesville
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Application deadline: 11/12/2021 at 5:00 PM EST
Apply online at www.charlottesville.gov/jobs
This position with the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library (JMRL)
system provides supervisory leadership of the library Information
Technology Department including the management and maintenance of
all hardware, software, network, and digital needs.The starting
amount will be between $48,235.20 and $77,168.00 annually. This is
a full-time 40-hour benefits eligible position.Reports to the
Collections and Technology Manager.
- Provides managerial leadership in planning, installation,
analyzing, maintaining, and troubleshooting all hardware, software,
and networking associated with the Jefferson-Madison Regional
- Will act as primary manager of all JMRL computer hardware,
software, peripherals, and digital services for the staff and
- Supervises the JMRL information technology department.
- Manage all aspects of supervision, including hiring, training,
evaluating staff and volunteers and managing the daily work of IT
- Trains other staff in the basic use of applications
- Design and maintain a program of refresher trainings as
- Produce an accurate record of JMRL's hardware and software
resources using database management software; maintain inventory
records in a current state.
- Install operating systems and software; test and verify proper
operation of newly installed system.
- Set up and adhere to a regular preventive maintenance program
to diagnose and correct malfunctions of both hardware and
- Responsibilities jointly shared with the Collections and
Technology Manager include library IT security, coordination with
the City of Charlottesville IT Department, and managing
relationships with IT vendors.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a
Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Regular travel to all JMRL branches is required.
- A Master's degree in Library Science or related IT discipline
plus experience working a library IT environment is preferred.
To view a more complete job posting and to apply visit our
employment website listed. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its
Keywords: City of Charlottesville, Charlottesville , Full-Time IT Supervisor, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!